The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Build Thread of 1415/2000

transparentdsm

thanks guys, i am pretty excited to finish this up. i have had a really hard time deciding on a direction to go, now that i have made the real decision to no long DD the car everywhere, i decided a bit more power and some more handling upgrades are going to be done. the car isn't going to be used for anything except to make me smile. im thinking about doing the 341 challenge, click skip to 4.27 for the race, so i want to get my car finished up as soon as i can and start driving it. i want to use my car for the challenge, but i may look into getting a different car for this like a miata or something small.. click this video is a car and driver video and this is a video of a guy crushing it click

transparentdsm

got my radiator mounted, not sure wat others have done for a bottom mounting point, but i took the stock mounts and drilled 1 3/8" holes and set them in there and it worked out pretty well. the fan should be here today and ill be going to powder coat everything sometime this week. hopefully a week or 2 and she will be on the road again.

transparentdsm

placed the rad, fans, turbo, manifold and some pipe in there and with it all loose i have a ton of room. also decided to make my own air divider for the rad. not finished but working on it.

transparentdsm

got my stainless clutch line and fresh rebuilt slave installed.

welded up radiator bracket, installed water pipe and connected lower rad hose.

mounted a mishimoto catch can

i also put some MT-85 in the shep stage 1 trans i installed. waiting on a few more parts in the mail, looking for a set of 264 cams and just need to powder and ceramic coat a few parts.

transparentdsm

finishing my 5 lug swap, whiteline 26mm sway bar and 4 bolt rear in 4ws housing and put the car down on its wheels. waiting to powder and ceramic coat things still.

G

Staff member
Looks nice!

transparentdsm

Well its been a while. Snow started to fly and my priorities changed fast. I began to train for snowboarding and get my body ready for winter. Christmas eve i had some friends over and we got a foot of snow. We decided to pull the sled out and while pulling it off the trailer, my foot slipped and twisted on the ice and i partially tore my ACL. So i got myself motivated and started to slowly install everything, it's back together almost. boost leak testing it this week and then finish the cooling system, change oil and i can turn it on.

I'm also a huge Dragon Ball Z fan and i got this for christmas. pretty pumped on it.

4Grim

Nice work on the Galant.

That shift knob is pretty damn cool man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

transparentdsm

thanks guys.

Well, yesterday was a triumph!! I finished putting my motor back together, started it up, did a leak check, cooling cycle check, torque check, 10 psi initial drive just to build pressure everywhere and then again one more time check for leaks. mostly leak free. oil return has a light coating of fresh oil and i guess when i put my trans back together i hit my output shaft seal for the TC and i have a very very small amount of trans fluid building up. both of these i will be addressing soon, but for now i am going to drive the car around a little bit. the leaks are there, but there not leaving any fluid on the ground, yet. i figure next oil change ill do both.

Now for today, i have to finish up the exhaust, radiator brackets, boost controller, front end installation, catch can routing, 3" intake, brake line brackets and then i can tune the car and turn up the wick.

EHmotorsports

Awesome Shane! It seems the cold is not holding you back:)

transparentdsm

haha this isn't cold as far as im concerned. im from Jersey and im used to 10 degrees and freezing rain. 35 and sun is like summer to me. i was wearing sweats and a t shirt yesterday, haha i love Tahoe weather. its just unreal. were also in for a giant snow storm this week. very excited.

bobdole

Looks nice. Enjoy driving her.

mistaVR4

Most definitely, great feeling to have it back on the road!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

transparentdsm

didn't realize you guys left comments, thank you for the kind words. its been a long road for me and im finally getting some place with the car i can consider happy and possibly content. my buddy and i are going to tune the car today and i hope to turn the boost up to 24 psi and pull 18-20 degrees of timing. once im happy with the tune im going to make an appointment with a dyno to see what kind of numbers we made doing a street tune and do a little fine tweaking if need be. it will be nice to have a sheet and maybe a video of the kind of power the car makes and then come opening day out at our local track ill go make a pass or two and see what kind of traps i can attain. if im happy there im going to start looking into getting a new roof skin and painting the ol' girl.

1307nv

Shane let me know when you have it on the dyno, I want to check it out. Are you going to do it in Reno?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned