The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

909/1000 Build thread

transparentdsm

im super pumped on this. i think i might order the calipers soon and what rotors are you planing on using? id like to start to get a list of parts i need together.

jeverts

OE Evo 8/9 rotors. I put the wheel bearings and seals in last night. I did some measurements off of a stock Evo 8/9 hub and knuckle and right now it looks like im going to need a .07 spacer between the rotor and hub but i am going to get a set of rotors and confirm this. I also checked clearance between the caliper and Evo 8 enkeis and it looks like it will have no problem clearing.

89Patches

Pretty sure Evo 5-9 rotors won't work with the CTSV calipers, like I said before, it needs a larger diameter rotor to get the right contact patch for the pads. Plus the kit has already been made: click

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting jeverts:

So am I interpreting this picture correctly? The mount spacing of the caliper is identical to a GVR4/1g knuckle spacing?

mitsuturbo

Quoting 89Patches:
Pretty sure Evo 5-9 rotors won't work with the CTSV calipers, like I said before, it needs a larger diameter rotor to get the right contact patch for the pads. Plus the kit has already been made: click

I personally wouldn't trust any seller that can't differentiate between "brake kit" and "break kit" on what looks like a company website.

jeverts

That is pretty much what I am going off of at this point just not sure what rotors they are using. I'm curious about the cobra rotors now.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
They show spacers, but no brackets, so I am curious if they are bolting directly also. Not the hardest thing in the world to find rotors with specs to fit, but to have them readily and cheaply available is another animal.

jeverts

I am going to look at Evo 10 rotors. They are 350mm in diameter. It will be a different spacing but nothing trying it can't hurt.

Mdlimy

I happen to have a pair of these calipers sitting in my room...I like where this is going /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

TurboDSM

This gives me more reason to replace my calipers on my cts-v and just put the old ones on the galant

jeverts

I tried the Evo X rotors out last night and they fit in a evo 8 enkeis. I will have to take a little off the outside (.100 or so) but they will work. It will bring the rotor to 13.6 or so but I will be able to get complete pad contact.

89Patches

I mean with the caliper on. Well they didn't fit with the Evo X caliper when I tried it. If the CTSV caliper is a bit smaller and the rotor taken down some, you maybe able to squeeze them behind a 17" wheel. Hard to say.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned