The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

909/1000 Build thread

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You seem to have access to cool machine tools, just remove your rear hubs and redrill them for 5 lug. Need 2 new stud and some new holes.

KiNgMaRtY

Wow, I had no idea the hubs were that cheap to buy new!So the only one that would fit would be the Dura International?

jeverts

I drew this out and the only thing that I am concerned about is that at least one hole is going to be close to another. Call me paranoid but I would be scared of ruining the integrity of the hub. I am planning on pushing 600+hp to the ground with this car. I would just like to have the piece of mind that nothing is going to fail.

Quoting iceman69510:
You seem to have access to cool machine tools, just remove your rear hubs and redrill them for 5 lug. Need 2 new stud and some new holes.

jeverts

We almost have this awesome piece of equipment almost up and running. Mazak Integrex Mill/Turn lathe with 5 axis abilities. I can't wait to start making more cool sh*t.

This coupled with the faro arm. I am thinking billet front knuckles are in order.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting jeverts:
I drew this out and the only thing that I am concerned about is that at least one hole is going to be close to another.

Just put some weld filler in the hole to bridge it.

How close? (12.5* at 57.15 mm radius- I could do the math but...)

minneSNOWta

Mmmmm. Billet knuckles. Would you want to borrow a clean, unpacked set of non-ABS knuckles to model off of?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Oooh, you could mod the program to make different caliper mountings. Brembo, etc.

strokin4dr

Sounds expensive but I like where this is going!

jeverts

When he punches her right in the uterus. This is all I could think of.

4171553-7815859568-FALCO.png

idreamidrive

Congrats!

Just a note, installing the baby seat in the center position will break most of the stitches in the leather around that location, or at least it did to mine.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Install a temporary new back seat with a flat bottom versus bucket style, or completely repad and upholster what is there. So easy .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Congratulations and happy to see the happy position you are at in life.

You could always make a billet baby model based off the ultrasound photos .... just saying .....
! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

4Grim

Congratulation on the new baby!

Check out Slickdeals or even Woot. I was able to score Recaro baby seats for both my kids cheap and just recently on Woot my sons Recaro booster seat. Great seats, easy to remove the fabric and clean too and also top rated for child safety protection.

Last edited:

slugsgomoo

Congrats!

Careful on the recaro though, bunch of my friends have them and they just did a major recall. It you get one it should not be affected by definitely double check. Anyone who has one already should too.

jeverts

I had heard about that. We also looking into the Gracos all in ones just for the fact that we wont need to get anything else. I honestly probably wont have a car seat in the galant. I have my lancer to commute around.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned