The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New custom radiator diverter....

boostin4door

A few pics of the piece 'Detailer' Mike made for me. He makes custom diverters for G35's & decided to try one for the galant.

Last edited:

boostin4door

After a alot of polishing.... a few modifications , adjustments & trimming it fits great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Its fitted for the car ie: not perfectly even on both sides but perfect for my car. Its secured by the hood pin sleeves.

A couple of templates...

Finished product...

Last edited:

cheekychimp

It looks great ... does it make any difference? Not saying that to be a dick, more curious as to whether it really has "measurable" benefits? If it does it's something I might pursue. I'm not the greatest wrench but fabricating something like that is right up my street and heat management is a struggle in our climate.

Last edited:

slugsgomoo

Most factory cars have something along those lines to keep airflow where they want it through the radiator. I'd imagine that in concert with full ducting between the FMIC & radiator (sides & bottom) would probably make a significant difference if you're having heat issues.

LIV4PSI

This is a very common mod in the Subaru world

OP, yours came out great!

boostin4door

Thanks!
yeah its kinda functional I guess, although how much? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif , not sure. My car doesn't have cooling issues, it was something I thought about years ago & no one made one for our old cars. A few years back I read a 'fact or fiction' article in IMPORT Tuner where they tested one on a car. [cant remember what type of car] And their results showed the diverter did reduce temps somewhat on the dyno w/fans. I'm sure on the road at speed they work pretty good.
They are made for a lot of cars and some buddies who road race have them on their EVO's.
It was basically free [paid for the alum.] and it fills a void in the bay. And also looks pretty good LOL.

Chi271

Love it milt! I need one of those templates brotha! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

-Manny

Barnes

Who cares if it helps cooling, it certainly will help from dropping crap down behind the bumper when working on the car. God I hate it when that happens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Street Surgeon

Hot, anything that forces air to go THROUGH the radiator instead of around it is always a plus, I'd buy one if they were for sale!

GSX_TC

Would love one of these too! =)

cheekychimp

Quoting Barnes:
Who cares if it helps cooling, it certainly will help from dropping crap down behind the bumper when working on the car. God I hate it when that happens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

What ... you mean all those burgers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Well I guess I have a lot more to gain than some if it is effective. I might have to look into this more.

citymunky

I had one of these on my G35, It something I wanted to make for my GVR4, however I never did since I wouldn't be able to remove the grill since the clips would be covered up.

AllanL

Mitsubishi used to have one for the diesel Galants (E34A).

MB545557 [62817B], PANEL, AIR GUIDE, for approx $15.

on the car...

Last edited:

prove_it

I called my mitsu dealer cause I want one badly. Was told by my highly trusted source that they are available from Mitsu overseas. Would take a min of 100 days to get and final pricing is unavailable until delivered.

How did you find this?

cheekychimp

If you have CAPS for that vehicle I believe it also came with an engine damper as stock.

bobdole

cmpo.jpg

EMX5636

Bob, info please? Can you get them, and how much? I was going to ask JNZ, but if you already have the hookup and details...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned