The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Trying to look for a Good radiator, your thoughts?

Street Surgeon

PWR radiator, it's spendy but probably the best option out there.

Nabeel

I am using ebay CXRACING 1G RADIATOR with 1g fan & t-state. I was to replace the fan any how /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. No problem so far

GSX_TC

Quoting PolskiVR4:
A couple of years ago I asked the same question and I was directed to Radiator Barn and it worked great and fit perfectly. In the description it says plastic end tanks but mine was all metal construction. I dont know if they changed them or not but give them a call and find out.

Ok so I called these guys just now and they were telling me that they shouldn't be all metal construction. When I then explained how a buddy of mine said he received an all metal one from y'all. he said well that can't be because even the manufacturer states that they are plastic end tanked. So radiator barn asked me to ask you for mote info like your order number, name date of purchase so he can see what exactly happened there, then for me to call him back.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Late to the party...but I bought a Koyo replacement 6-7 years ago. It was better quality than the original, and fit perfectly. I think still plastic tanks, but an excellent piece regardless.

GSX_TC

Quoting mikus:
Evo 3 radiators work as well

Note these will be larger - an E16G will clear, but if you're running non-MHI you might have trouble. I couldn't fit one with my current parts

Don't let anyone beat you up for wanting one even if just for looks on a clean, maintained car -- there's a lot of aftermarket wheels & JDM bumpers out there. Here's an E3 Koyo shined up:

Does the EVO 3 koyo bolt right up and use the same threads for the coolant temp sensor and everything?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned