The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The never ending build of 1062.

Ralli380Gvr4

EPIC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Galantvr41062

I drove the car up to DB today in an attempt to get the car tuned. But long story short and a lot of head scratching there is something wrong with the #8 injector driver. This is the secondary injector for the #4 cylinder. We tried swapping plugs at the injectors, to make sure it was not a dead or stuck injector, then switching the wire at the ECU confirmed the wiring in the car was good, but nothing comes out at the pin for the #8 injector. So I will try a different AEM box then find some other time to tune the car.

~John

Galantvr41062

Here are the "final" engine bay shoots. I have dyno time again, now I just need to finish up the head lights and turn signals, just the switches and relays left.

P251010001.JPG

P251010004.JPG

P251010002.JPG

To quote two guys from work, one that road in it and the other that saw it driving down road.

"Its so quiet you can barley tell its running, ow I found that rattle."
"Its funny to look in the front end and see nothing, look in the front end and out the wheel well."

~John

Galantvr41062

I finished up the head light, running light, turn signal and gauge light wiring. I will drive the car to work tomorrow doing a little street tuning and then back to the dyno in the next week or so. Rock falls has a few track days on saturday, I will make sure to hit a few of these up before the season is all done.

~John

GolfBall

this build its freaking awesome.

cant wait to see some finished pics and video, and see what numbers its puts down and runs.

just went through every page again. insane! wish i had the free time to do a crazy build
more pics, more pics!!!

Galantvr41062

I will go threw what I have when I get home and post some more. Anything you want to focus on?

~John

Galantvr41062

26_Picture.jpg

Picture_260021.jpg

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

Picture_26003.jpg

Pictur_26001.jpg

The below pic was in SHOOT OUT mode, thus the highter number.

Picture_26005.jpg

The above pic is a SHOOT OUT run.

I will post a few more details and what not tomorrow.

~John

Last edited:

Chim55117

click

John, here is a video that Swifty gave me via text and had me upload for you. Audio/video quality isn't great, but there it is on the rollers!

Last edited:

Galantvr41062

This was done with the 4 1600's as the primarys, and no secondary injectors were used. The EMS is not the issue, I tried another EMS and still no #8 injector, so they either need to wired up in a batch fire or I found 2 EMS's that will not run 8 injectors. The boost on WG pressure was 25psi, the 635 run was at 37psi. I am reving to 9500rpm, with how the power is still going up I could rev higher but I am at 90 some % duty cycle on the 1600's and I loose about 6psi of fuel pressure by redline. The intake air temps would only go up about 9deg over the run, but after a few back to back runs the temps would start at 120deg, so we added ice to get that down below 100 before the start of the run. I will see how it does on the street/track IAT wise. Coolant temps were nice and rock solid. The ramp rate was set to 100 and the AM2 correction was around 3-4% most of the night

~John

Galantvr41062

I should be heading to Rock Falls this coming saturday, Aug 7th. I will just check the car over and get the drag radial mounted back up. It should be a fun day of breaking stuff.

~John

Props to you for not having this turn into a 10 year build and losing interest. Get it done with a purpose and DRIVE IT. That's the way to do it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Galantvr41062

I am swapping the good tires on tomorrow and taking the car out for 1 or 2 good rips threw all 4 gears to see what it can do. I will have the camera mount on and recording for this. If the car does not spin all over the place and if the tranny shifts at 9500rpm I feel I could run a quick time. But if something is not right or not working I will not be going to the track.

~John

JB

siqqq. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Excess AWD wheelspin vids please... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CarRacer

You make it out to the track? Interested to see how things turned out.

Galantvr41062

The bad news: Friday night on the way to my parents house to load up the car to go to the track, the main wiring harness under the intake manifold started on fire. Lucky for me a guy was driving by in a truck that had a fire extinguisher, so 1 foot of the main harness burnt up, melted the 2nd injector for the #4 cylinder, and fried a few things in the AEM EMS. I am in the process of tracing what happened and fixing everything. The AEM will be the hard part, either send it back to AEM for repair or I know a few people that work with that stuff all day long.

The good news: The car has plenty of traction with the drag radials, the tranny shifts at 9500rpm with no effort, the car has no noticable lag between gears if I do not hit the rev limiter, even then I just need to play with the settings so it comes clean off the revlimiter. And to quote the passanger, Kyle "you will have no issue with your cousins CBR 1000rr, that with a good rider can run a 9.5@150". The car gets up on power nice and smooth and just goes, if I see the big tach get much past 8k its on the rev limiter (9500). I had the car up to the top of 4th gear a few times and by the math that is 159mph.

So I will get the wiring fixed, fix the ECU and try for the track a few times this year. Then for next year I will have all 8 injectors working and more fuel pump, plus E98, then turn up the power. I will have a few different boost levels so I can up the boost as needed at the track.

~John

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts