The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Disassembly and paint of 692

rdomeck

Haven't really cleaned it up yet, but it's getting there. Not sure about adding a red stripe to the wheels. I might paint the Racing Heart in the wheels red.....

transparentdsm

wow looks amazing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif, what to do mine next with white and a blue strip after i get her running?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif haha

rdomeck

Never posted a completed photo....

bobdole

Looks really good. I like it.

rdomeck

^I needed something to make it look fast!^

matt92vr4

Looks great! Very nice. Thanks for keeping one in good shape.

JNR

Paint looks like it came out good...I didn't read the thread, but almost looks like a pearl or greyish hue to it in one of those pics, but probably the light.

The red stripe reminds me of the 87-93 Mustang GT...I had a burgundy convert and it had the orange stripe and man was that a PITA to remove...I know this is different, but just saying that's what it reminds me of.

Don't like the driving lights at all, but if they function and you use them...the scoop itself looks nice, but IMHO would've been better centered, although I know from a functional POV it's in a good place. Any provisions for rain, etc.? (again didn't read the thread so maybe you mentioned somewhere).

rdomeck

The scoop was made to get air to a top mounted intercooler......That just didn't work out so well. I will end up making a box for the air cleaner to go into and make the scoop functional. Right now it is just open. I will more than likely put a drain somewhere in it. Luckily it runs down towards the bumper, some water will get in, but most of it will run out.

The paint is a pearl dirty white. It is what's used on the newer Mitsubishi's. Dover white.

The driving lights are not currently installed and I miss them. Really nice to have on back roads. You can see for a mile with them on and that's really handy for those jumping deer this time of year. When I have time I will put them back on! I know that they are not for everyone and I'm ok with that.

JNR

yeah, sometimes function is better than looks (like the lights) and if they get used, then worth it; especially if it's winter or something where you're not driving fast (as in being non-aerodynamic).

Ah, was thinking the scoop was for a "ram air" intake or something...Was going to suggest for aesthetic purposes, maybe it'd look better then if you have another scoop identical on the opposite side also, mirror image. Probably be non-functional though, unless maybe you used it in conjunction with cooling of the radiant heat from the manifold/turbo, etc. Maybe it wouldn't look good though, who knows...a lot of work to find out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

Those lights really set it off, good job! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

misterfixit

Quoting dammitjim:
merkur_xr4ti_white_1987_a.jpg

100% Essex /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MellowVR4

Is that the summit white on the galant? looks a little different.

rdomeck

Quoting rdomeck:
The scoop was made to get air to a top mounted intercooler......That just didn't work out so well. I will end up making a box for the air cleaner to go into and make the scoop functional. Right now it is just open. I will more than likely put a drain somewhere in it. Luckily it runs down towards the bumper, some water will get in, but most of it will run out.

The paint is a pearl dirty white. It is what's used on the newer Mitsubishi's. Dover white.

The driving lights are not currently installed and I miss them. Really nice to have on back roads. You can see for a mile with them on and that's really handy for those jumping deer this time of year. When I have time I will put them back on! I know that they are not for everyone and I'm ok with that.

Just a little reading required^^^

MellowVR4

THNX, I got lazy

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned