The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Disassembly and paint of 692

rdomeck

It is nice to have all this my disposal! My business partner and I have worked very hard to get our shop set up to do this work. The paint mixing station is only about 3 months old. We installed the paint booth a little over a year ago.....Now we are going to move shops. Not something that we planned on a year ago, but we have the ability to move out of 5,000 sq. ft. that is seperated in 3 different shop into 13,000 sq. ft. and it will be in the same space and not raise our rent by much!

Hopefully I can get some of it assembled this week!

rdomeck

I can't decide if I like the red stripe! I think I do, but will have to wait to pull it outside with everything on it! I still have to paint the bumpers and filler panel below the headlights....And repaint the right rear door. I was training one of my employee's how to buff and he burnt thru the paint. Only one way to learn, doing it! Hopefully will have it done next week sometime. Just in time to install the Ohlin shocks that I purchased!!!!!

GSX_TC

The red might look better if you accent some else in red on the car somewheres, A glossy black line would like nice aswell

Last edited:

rdomeck

I'm thinking about a red stripe around the wheels! It has Baer brakes on it that have red letters engraved in the calipers. Maybe some redline tires? Ok it's not a late 70's muscle car.

minneSNOWta

This is really cool! I like the hood scoop too. Congratulations on getting your business going. I'm still in the way early stages of getting a business together. Setting up an orchid nursery isn't easy. I think the red stripe would look sweet if you had black rims with a red lip. If I lived near you, I'd definitely support your business because I want my car restored.

rdomeck

I'm thinking of painting the wheels charcoal or something dark with a red stripe around them!

Running business is not easy and takes a lot of time when your not able to bill out for any work. We have employee's and even had a full time painter up till monday, but had to let him go. Makes for a stressful times. I bet setting up an orchid business is a lot of hard work. I wouldn't do well with that. I like metal....If you cut it off too short just weld it back on. Not exactly that way with plant's!

GSX_TC

"I'm thinking of painting the wheels charcoal or something dark with a red stripe around them!"

Sounds like a good idea too me

cheekychimp

My car in the UK got a red stripe from the factory /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

White wheels with red lettering would also work on your car in my opinion.

rdomeck

Yeah, but they also put the steering wheel on the wrong side!!!!

Ian M

Looks great! Congrats on the business,a buddy of mine opened a restoration shop a couple years ago when the carpentry work dried up. I started working part time for him about 6 months ago,in spite of the economy there seems to be PLENTY of restoration work right now!

I'm not really into the red stripe myself though,reminds me of the '80s Chevy Corsica,Celebrity,Beretta etc that all had it. In the rougher neighbood I grew up in all the drug dealers had them. Of course,I suppose you'd have to be pretty old like me to remember those cars... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3798839141_c31010f3c2_z.jpg

Last edited:

GSX_TC

theres a pizza guy that works for Dominoes over here on base that drives an XR4ti

Last edited:

rdomeck

Quoting Ian M:
Looks great! Congrats on the business,a buddy of mine opened a restoration shop a couple years ago when the carpentry work dried up. I started working part time for him about 6 months ago,in spite of the economy there seems to be PLENTY of restoration work right now!

I'm not really into the red stripe myself though,reminds me of the '80s Chevy Corsica,Celebrity,Beretta etc that all had it. In the rougher neighbood I grew up in all the drug dealers had them. Of course,I suppose you'd have to be pretty old like me to remember those cars... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3798839141_c31010f3c2_z.jpg

I'm not into the chrome strip either....All I did was put a red pin stripe on my chrome strip. If I don't like it when I get it all together I will just pull it off and try a different color! Unfortunetly I am old enough to remember those cars! I guess I like the GVR4 because I started driving when they were new!

rdomeck

Got some stuff done today...Lights installed, grill installed, side skirt installed, etc. Had to repaint the right rear door, rear wing and door handle. Painted the rear bumper and gas door. Waiting on the glue to dry for the front bumper. Hopefully will prime that in the morning and sand and paint in the afternoon after installing the rear bumper, right rear door, and gas door.

It's coming along. My Ohlin shocks will be here monday. Just in time I think!

GSX_TC

Tail lights look good, did u buff them out?

rdomeck

I did buff them out. Thanks for noticing!

GSX_TC

Awesome, looking good. Think I'm gonna buff mine out aswell

rdomeck

Below is a situation were I would want to use sealer. Any place that has a difference on products. I didn't want or need to prime and block the whole bumper so I just primed and blocked the area's were I did work! I was also able to pick up a set of roof molding's as mine were in bad shape. The paint was really thin so I wanted to put something (sealer) before I put the paint on! I also use a different catalyst for the DP40 sealer. It is DP401LF, it dries slower and is more flexible than the DP402LF and should be used on anything plastic or rubber.

I'm hoping t install the front bumper and filler strip in the morning and hopefully be ready when the Fedex guy shows up with my new shocks.

rdomeck

Very close on putting this thing back on the road. Everything is installed except for the window trim moulding's as I am waiting for the new clips to come in for them. Started on installing the new Ohlin shocks. I have only had enough time to pull the AGX off. I have some stuff coming to make the new shocks bolt up. Hopefully be driving it by the weekend! Will post up some pics once I get it back on the ground. All this just in time for the winter weather.......

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned