The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The EVO/Aftermarket seat bracket suspense date of April 5th

4thStroke

Sweet! I cant wait, curtis. The car has been down for 2 months now and the brackets are the final piece before it hits the road again. Do you have a shipping date in mind?

curtis

Hoping to be done and shipping by next week.

curtis

Haven't made it to the bolt store yet and still trying to find boxes. Looks like I'll be making them. The post office has some but not quiet big enough, and I'll be shipping with Fed ex anyway and they want take USPS boxes. I was going to get my neighbor to get them but has lost his job, he did say he had some of the plastic cardboard stuff I shipped the subframe connectors in so may use it. I'm hoping to make it to the bolt store tomorrow but I have a small window of time with Vinny's seat and need to be building the front brackets instead of running around town shopping. I'll get a price when I know about how much time is required on the fronts and get the bolts and logistics down pat.

streetmasters

This may or may not help but the usps boxes that are free can just be turned inside out to the cardboard side- thats what i do when i use them to ship UPS, just cut one side and tape it- probably better than building which takes time and sucks. Just a suggestion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif...great job so far!! Leme know if you need me to have boxes sent to you- no problem bro!

curtis

I got one and tried already and I don't think the front brackets will fit.

Anyway picked up the seat this morning and helped Vinny tear apart his 90 gearbox. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

The test prototype rear has the slots for the seats now and mounted. Got all the measurements and doing the autocad drawings now.

Here's some tease pictures

Idea of where all the way back sits, seat back is in normal driving position

Inside corner drivers side

Outside corner drivers side

All the way back with harness bar

Install height edge of bolster is 8 inches up but the blue center area looks to be about 4 to 4.5 inches up from the mounting point . Did this to give you taller types an idea of head room with a helmet and a lower CG for the guys like myself that likes curves.

I sat in it without any front brackets and had about 5 inches between my head and the headliner and I'm 6'0" and my car is a sunroof car.

All for now. I have to get the seat back to Vinny by 5 tomorrow so got to do work son. Later

curtis

Still in design stages and the inside front is being a pita. Going out to eat start again later.

Boostdtalon

looks awesome, can't wait to see it complete. I'm one of those taller guys (6'1") with a sunroof car. since i already have an evo 8. i think evo 9 or the leathers will be going in 192! i keep eyeballing the set Garfield has on his website.

curtis

Prototypes are done for the front on both sides. Both seats slide beautifully and with zero effort all you have to do is pull up the handle and they slide. No interference from any part and will be completely plug and play. Except for the angle that's driver preference. After seeing them in the car and how they match the headliner, armrest and shift and e brake boot I may have to pick a set up but I really want the leather ones. Going to the car part swap meet tomorrow then watching commercials tomorrow night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I may come down tonight and start on the machine code to cut the brackets. I have to finish the drawings and draw it up in such a manner I can cut the 4 rails for the seats all at once then flip to the opposite side and run another program Then I'll do the same on the floor brackets. Better that way that chucking up pairs or singles. Singles would be 1088 times of zeroing the part to the mill and running code.
I lack 132 slots on the rear rails then 264 slots for the fronts and all the cuts around both sides of the angle so a few days of running the mill. I know you guys are ready for these and I'm trying my best but there's a ton of cuts with this.

drivers side

passenger side

Mine compared to the factory evo tabs we used on Vinny's.

Last edited:

Telecaster

1) ls2gto............... Stefan..............
2) 4DSC................. Nick................
3) Garfield Wright...... ditto...............
4) Jesse W.............. Jesse...............YES
5) Dusty Duff........... Mike................YES
6) 4thStroke............ Spencer.............YES
7) dmj.................. Dexter..............
8) ejc.................. Edgardo.............YES
9) stealthtt24.......... Mark................YES
10)nijasan.............. Nathan..............YES
11)Street Surgeon ...... Cory................
12)moduleunknown........ Dave................YES
13)streetmasters........ JZ..................YES
14)thecman02............ Chris...............YES!!!
15)joel150.............. JOEl................
16)KGVR4................ Dorel...............
17)Talon................ Jonathan............YES
18)telecaster........... Norman..............YES
19)Jasonvr4............. Jason...............YES YES
20)uncleben4rice........ Junius..............
21)Charles.............. Charles.............YES
22)Slobra............... Mike................
23)mountaineerjeff...... Jeff................
24)boosdtalon........... Josiah..............YES
25)Muskrat.............. Brian...............YES
26)Tsiboy............... Alex................
27)Mr_Wolfy............. Wolfy...............YES
28)JSchleim18........... Jeremy..............YES
29) Gvr4-330............ Rob.................YES
30)RaptorReed........... Tim.................YES
31)
32)
33)
34)vman911.............. Vinny...............YES

curtis

Well mother nature dumped more snow which in TN means no school and me watching kids but I did get all the slots in the rear bar finished about 30 minutes ago and a bunch of the code is done for the front brackets, Hopefully I can get done tonight / tomorrow and start cutting the front stuff.

Thanks guys I'll keep you posted

1941Galant

Does anybody know about how wide the bottom front of the evo seats are? I will pick a set of these brackets up if the seats clear my side bar.

Muskrat

Evo seats are basically Recaro Sports. I believe they have dimensions on their website.

curtis

Quoting 1941Galant:
Does anybody know about how wide the bottom front of the evo seats are? I will pick a set of these brackets up if the seats clear my side bar.

Hill think about who's building these. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I located the slots in the rear bar by moving the seat over to the center console to as close as I could with still having a small gap so the seat had no way of rubbing and to also center the seat on the wheel but also thought about the location of a cage during all of this. Your in business so don't worry they'll fit with your cage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nijasan

curtis, let me get this right so I know if I'll have to order or find parts.

I have an Evo9 MR seat that does not have the floor mounting crow-feet looking things. It just has the sliders and it essentially sits perfectly flat on my garage floor, currently.

Do I need to order those front mounts, or are you making those as well?

curtis

The set will include the long aluminum rail in the back that has the tab welded on and the slots cut for the seat then up front will also include the 8 pieces of aluminum angle to mount to the floor and to the factory evo rails. I just got finished with the jig and starting testing code now to cut these pieces.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned