The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Seat-belts and Racing Seats?

strokin4dr

That is some serious hackery!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

tektic

Yeah. I liked the idea, clicked the link and just scowled at the screen for a whole 5 seconds before I frantically clicked the back button multiple times. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

cheekychimp

Some time ago I purchased a Schroth racing harness off eBay on a best offer. The rear of the harness at the shoulders had a female seat belt clip similar to the sort of factory clip that attaches to the seat. Included was an inertia harness reel that was designed to be bolted into the rear of the vehicle and the reel pulled out and clipped into the back of the harness like a regular seat belt. So the harness was attached to an inertia reel like a regular seat belt and not a fixed point.

I noticed at the time that the male clip of the inertia reel was almost identical to the regular seat belt clip, so I tried just pulling the rear seat belt forward and clipping it into the Schroth Harness. Well it fit like a glove. I never used it like that but given that it isn't designed to have a great deal of movement before it locks up in an impact it looked as if it would work well. I KNOW that it's a God part and obviously tugging on the connection with your hands is hardly a suitable method to test it wouldn't separate in a crash, but assuming it is the correct fit and as secure as the stock belt it would make a damn neat solution. Factory belt mounts that obviously are safe, mounting point above shoulder level, inertia reel and simply disconnect like the stock belt.

GSXftw

So get 89 galant plastics?

turbophein

UPDATE:

After a lot of trial and error i successfully made a copy of the bride passenger side bracket for my drivers side. I also adapted the bride passenger rail to my new seats. both using the factory seat belt parts to work like factory. I love the end results, i also ordered the black leather and suede evo 10 rear seats to match.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts