The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Aftermarket Seat Brackets

Brunoboy

are the 91-92 galants the same as 88 galants? I see people make aftermarket brackets for 88's and they skip straight to 94........

No. 1989 was the first model year imported for the sixth generation into the US. They were available about mid 1988 but designated as 1989's. The 1988 is the fifth generation Galant Sigma.

Brunoboy

good to know. thanks.

Spam

I'm in need of some Recaro rails too but for the chunk of metal that they are...they are expensive as hell.

6gCarb

My 6g was released late 1988 and my vehicle registration says 1988. i think it should be something like 88-92. if it fits a 91, it should also fit the 89 or so..

Last edited by a moderator:

I was looking in the corbeau catalog for a seat bracket. The skip over our whole generation unfortunately. I called into corbeau with the measurements to find a similar bracket, but they haven't responded yet. I guess I will just make my own :/

Quoting xzyha:
My 6g was released late 1988 and my vehicle registration says 1988. i think it should be something like 88-92. if it fits a 91, it should also fit the 89 or so..

That's true, my info is for the US market. World market is different.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned