The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

TH3 Lazy arse Australian / New Zealand Picture build thread

ozyvr4

Slowly the car is coming together.

I have found the decals for the rear doors , a new RS decal & MMC badge for the boot lid. Next is to fit the 510cc injectos & new chip.

fuel

insanely jealous. Keen to eye them up in person at some stage!

mrnvit

been doing a bit of work on my car again
this is a gsr lancer (same shape as a evo3)

got the dummy engine and box casing in so i can set the mounts, the passanger side one is now completed out of steel and is waiting final welding, then ill make a new north/south beam and mounts for the auto box.

chromoly front subframe, saved 8.5kg over the factory one.

decided a while back that the manual wasnt cost effective and the cost of a dog box was just too much dollars 10000+ nzd for one to i got this for a couple hundred instead.
going to order in the parts required to get it to shift and handle a bit more power as well as a new torque converter.
also have a nice b&m ratchet shifter for it.

Vr4junkie

Quoting bazeng:

Wow this thing is crazy huge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif any more pics.

H05TYL

Rather less cheerful update from me:

Car was stolen from my locked garage last night...

dmj

Say it isn't so. That is heartbreak for sure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

H05TYL

Yup, locked garage, locked and alarmed car with steering wheel removed and a starter thats on the way out and needs smacking with a hammer before it'll work.

No plates on it either as i wasn't planning on using it on the street again anytime soon.

Guessing they must have towed it.

H05TYL

I can't quite understand why anyone would want to steal it - it'd sat in a paddock for 14 months so was looking pretty sad, (I only convinced it to run again two weeks ago) and there's nothing on it aside from the wheels thats worth much money.

Anyhow, seeing as this is a picture thread, here's the last pics I took of it, this Sunday just past.

H05TYL

Nah, that was RedTwo's zr4 I think.

Mine was 3-bolt rs with re-drilled hubs (hence the large number of broken axles).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned