The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Progress on my car, #674 finally going back together with lots of new goodies!

prove_it

just another riced out galant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Love the build, wingless FTW!

JamesFoster

Lol, thanks guys. Looking forward to getting home and putting in the new trans and clutch.

Jesus_Negros

Damn You aint home yet?

JamesFoster

Got home from Australia Friday, had all this junk waiting. Started putting it back together yesterday.

LIV4PSI

Looks great as always James. It's awesome how quickly you get everything installed once you get back home.

What specifically failed on the last transmission?

turbohf

very curious as to the clutch also. looks like some competition clutch parts, flywheel forsure. didnt you have a twin disc in there before? your making quite a bit of power for a single disc (from my researching)...

JamesFoster

Thanks guys. It's the South Bend SS-X PP with full face ceramic disc. click

From Jon at TRE:
"Obviously you twisted the input shaft in two but you also managed to include the following:
Strip about 10 teeth off the intermediate shaft and the center diff outer gear. The busted teeth managed to chip the teeth on 3rd and 4th gears."

turbohf

thank you sir. i will be looking into that South Bend clutch some more. really trying to avoid a twin.

keep up the good work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

galant344

how does the pedal pressure feel on this new single disc clutch? I have my car going but have a weak clutch in it debating if i want to sell my twin and get a single set up. kinda scared to put the twin back in.

prove_it

This car makes me like purple.

IncorpoRatedX

Good to see it going back together so quick! Gonna look sick after this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quoting turbohf:
thank you sir. i will be looking into that South Bend clutch some more. really trying to avoid a twin.

keep up the good work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Not sure what your power goals are but I have one of these clutches for sale in the 550hp model. It's in the for sale section.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned