The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Build Thread of 1415/2000

transparentdsm

i have an 01 summit high mark 800 with riasers, lefty throttle, bar end caps, 2" lug track, 7" powder special skis, uni air filter, hacked stock exhaust. its pretty nice and fast.. i got a PTE6152.

transparentdsm

the VR has been running great and servicing its purpose, i also got a bit on inspiration from Brett and decided to clean off the top of my firewall and hide the wiring harness. i still haven't finished cleaning it up and reconnecting all the wires, but it ok because i finally got a new daily. we were tired of the jeep, so we got a 1998 Volvo V70R Wagon. automatic, but really clean and a really nice car to drive around in. here are some pictures.

coyotes

nice volvo, those are fun and they have some decent mods you can throw on em if you ever get the bug.

1307nv

Shane, nice VR I'm sure you'll be getting bug to tweak it a bit. Have IPD's number on speed dial. We' ll have to have a VR gtg now.

transparentdsm

so what your saying tony is you and i need to hang out... im pretty sure there are less of these things around here then of VR4's....

transparentdsm

so i got around to doing a few things. moved some wiring, added the A/C components, added some length to the intake pipe so the cone wasn't right near the radiator. cleaned a bunch of grim and fixed a lot of old brittle wiring. really happy with how it came out. wanted to do my cams and gates belt, but none of the stores by me carry the valve cover gasket. so i have to order that first.

also put on a different grill and a set of pre-facelift fog lights.

Last edited:

GotInsulin

I've gotten so used to seeing the more "desirable" facelift lights, I'd forgotten how sweet the pres were. Nice touch!

transparentdsm

Quoting GotInsulin:
I've gotten so used to seeing the more "desirable" facelift lights, I'd forgotten how sweet the pres were. Nice touch!

thanks, i also have the projectors and the deletes and two different grilles.

Patches: hahaha that picture is great.

Brett: thanks, i have been doing a lot of work on the car. nothing major, but just tiny odds and ends and cleaning things up that i notice as i see it. the car is really starting to become what i want out of it. i really think the cams and the meth are going to put the car right where i would like it. i really like this grille too. i think it looks better with the projector fogs and these look better with the 92 grille, i just don't feel like changing it out to that one.

EHmotorsports

Looking good! Like that grill and the pre facelift fogs.

transparentdsm

made a bunch of changes. ETS 1G core with 2.5" piping and vibrant silicone couplers, 1G BOV, redid my intake piping and got a AEM dry filter, new gauge pod holder, AEMwideband, put the wideband in the clock position, EDM Amber Corners, more wiring clean up and im sure some other things i might be forgetting.

EDIT: i also got two clean radiator brackets from a junk yard, cut out the oem rubber and used the rubber for a sway bar end link for a truck. you can see them in the last three engine pictures kinda. can take better pictures if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

it is great. lowered my intake temps by 30 degrees over no heat shield or anything else and i have pulled it off twice over the last few thousand miles and no cracks or anything on the manifold its self. very happy with the blanket.

transparentdsm

mild wire tuck on firewall harness and a galant LS trunk lid. i sanded and painted it myself, outside in the wind because thats all i have. i got lucky it was that blue color and it made sanding and painting easier. i know there are dents and such, but i dont care. i just wanted to paint it so when i get the body straightened out everything matches better. ill be doing my bumper as well pretty soon. i just have to order a lot of paint and clear coat.

G

Staff member
Looks good man.

transparentdsm

Thanks G. Slowly but surely I'm making baby steps forward and getting closer to the light at the end of the tunnel. I have a large list of bought parts that are going in soon and a small list of things i need to do to be finished. I'll be going to the track for the first time on April 11th to see what she has in her.

These parts will be going on after i go to the track.
Bought parts:

TRE Stage 2 Transmission - needs a new bell housing
OEM throw out bearing
turbo SX o2 w/ dump
Stainless Turbo Oil Lines
Stainless Turbo Coolant Lines
BC 272 cams
Bigger 8G Master brake cylinder
Gates Racing Timing Belt
Valve Cover Gasket
3 Diamond Valve Cover - freshly powder coated

The stuff i want to do to be finished:

Paint Job
Autometer Z series boost and oil pressure gauges
Innovate LC-2
-6 AN Fuel Feed Line

Before going to the track ill be installing these parts the second they come in and will update with pictures.

Front Camber Bolts
Swift Lowering Springs
Rear Upper Adjustable Control Arms
Rear Lower Control Arms
Rear Sway Bar End Links
89 Glovebox

G

Staff member
Looks great, how do the swifts ride? Any rubbing?

transparentdsm

no rubbing, and there a lot less bouncy on rough roads then the stock MR springs and when diving into a corner the nose doesn't drop down and there is almost zero body roll now. i haven't done the rears yet because im waiting on upper and lower control arms, but i cant wait to do them as well and feel the difference. the front camber has made a great improvement on handling, but i bet the rears are going to make a big difference once done.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts