The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Build Thread of 1415/2000

transparentdsm

todays journey will involve the pressing in of new bearing and seals, the install of brand new end links and possibly finishing up the passengers side completely. one small step at a time, but the car is really starting to come along. i cant wait to feel the difference. also i found the power steering leak and fixed it. pictures to come at the end of the day possibly.

coyotes

I got lots to do to mine but it will have to wait till I get back from Colorado!

Your car should be pretty nice, it's rewarding to knock out some serious work like that.

transparentdsm

so today i got the passenger side completely together, removed my ABS completely and prepped and painted my driver fender well and caliper. tonight i will reassemble the driver hub assembly and finish everything up tomorrow morning. follow that up with bleeding my brakes and a test drive.

transparentdsm

I just want to say big thanks to Charles Back(BobDole) for a great price on the front rotors and pads and for the hood struts. im really really happy, thank you!!

now to bleed the brakes after lunch, go for a test drive and get an alignment in the next week or so.

minneSNOWta

Nice Shane! You've done a lot of hard work. Those Enkei's will look good too. Let us know the weight of those if you can.

DynastyLCD

Good work brother. You've come so far with the misfit mobile!

coyotes

what pads did you get? I always felt the stock brakes were highly inadequate for these cars, but what you did should improve things quite a bit.

transparentdsm

Phil, thanks man i have been putting a lot of work into her. im starting to really understand how to self tune, next step will be turning on the meth and dialing that in, still waiting to put it on the dyno though. Phil, what have you been doing with yourself? do you need a vacation? come hang out with me in tahoe for a few days.. we wont even touch a wrench.

i got stoptech slotted sport rotors and stoptech performance pads. it stops the car so much better. i went driving on some mountain passes yesterday and it was nice, high speeds, lots of turns. i even went through a few spots fast then i ever have before, a lot has to do with all new everything up front, but the brakes really made the difference. i barley had to touch them and i was coming to such a quick stop. i also removed the ABS though so i have more pedal feel in the brakes.

bmxr152

how do you like the bilstein suspension? Did you do anything for the positive camber? I had to slot the strut bolts a little to get some negative camber out of them. I love the ride of mine with the swift lowering springs.

transparentdsm

i freaking love it. i didn't do anything to them, mine where from a evo mr and were stock. when i installed the knuckles on the strut i ran the bolts through and pushed the top in as far as i could and tightened it. im waiting to get an alignment and i think im going to get camber bolts for it if i really need to.

transparentdsm

i turned the car on this morning and i noticed a little exhaust leak from the o2 housing to the down pipe, so i replaced the gasket and figured while i have the down pipe disconnected i might as well heat wrap it, to help keep heat off the oil pan and transfer case.

G

Staff member
Looking good, only problem is you're not supposed to get that stuff wet.

transparentdsm

thank you, G. the car has come a very long way from the beginning.

hmm, well i guess im lucky winter is basically over. it has been like 40 and sunny every single day with a few days in the 50's. what should be used for the down pipe then? do you have any recommendations? of should you really not wrap the down pipe for street use?

Steve885

I had my evo down pipe wraped for years through rain ,sleet and snow..never had a problem..well it smelled at stop light like burning oil till it dried out...

tektic

I had tube headers warped on a previous dd. It always stunk like burning fiber glass. I wouldn't ever do it again.

G

Staff member
Water makes it brittle and fall apart. Coat it with white lightning from swain tech is my rec.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned