The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Build Thread of 1415/2000

transparentdsm

Thank you Sal. ive been putting a lot of hard work into this car. every time i change something it makes such a large difference in the car.

As for the comparison, yes i was going off of my old set up. i personally liked the old springs and struts, i thought they rode nice and let the car handle well, but once i put these on i can't believe i really liked the old ones. i have them on 1078 already as those struts were blown in that car and it sat so low. i was actually thinking about buying new struts for 1078 and using the h&r's from 138, but not that i have put the evo's in 138 im gonna look for another set of evo's to put in 1078.

transparentdsm

well today was a big milestone for 138, she hit 200,000 miles of kicking ass on the body and transmission(178,000) and roughly 20,000 miles on everything else, except the evo seats, these were off of a evo with 46,000 miles.

and finally

car has been running very well and has been a blast to drive. now i just need to get it tuned in at 24psi with my meth kit.

desant78

I'm going to try and join the 200k club hopefully by Feb!!

transparentdsm

so i made some decisions and went with a 2000 cherokee instead of a tow hitch on the VR4. now the VR4 is going to take a brake for a little while. i also got around to buying myself some christmas presents. i bought a C.O.P. (finally) found it on CL in LA for 100$, got new intercooler piping made of mild steel instead of the aluminum and i have bought yet another turbo. its semi big (500ish hp rating), but i don't want to say what it is just yet because I'm a crazy person and i have bought and sold like 4 different turbos for this car already and every time i buy a different turbo i think my evo 3 GT is good enough. although this time i have the jeep and ill probably be keeping this SUV for some time. so i have a new DD to take on the VR4's duties and that will allow me to build 138 up a little further.

transparentdsm

so Brett (GSTwithPSI) is an awesome guy. he sent me a PM about a window sticker on EBAY for 138/2000. so i looked at it and it just so happened that 138 was also a BG car so i bought it. im pumped on it.

after that i took out an oil catch can that i had and polished it up. this is going to get put in when i get my COP.

then i cleaned up a 1G BOV i had laying around. this is going on after i redo my intercooler and piping. i will also be doing a dodge mod to this as well.

transparentdsm

got the chrome grill, catch can and C.O.P. installed today. after watching tom's videos i decided to compound and wax out my front bumper and clean up the headlights to see how it looks and the bumper looks a lot better, i can't wait to do the rest of the car.

LIV4PSI

Where does the chrome grill with slats come from? It looks like a 91 and 92 grill made a baby

fuel

also on the JDM facelift VX-S/VZ-S/MX and Viento.

turbohf

Quoting transparentdsm:
I thinks its from a 91 ls. At least thats what the ebay ad said.

thats what mine came off of also. so id say info is correct.

transparentdsm

So, i went to replace a wheel stud and put new rotors and pads on. well i need to press the hub out of the knuckle to do this, i didn't know that. so now i am going t buy a shop press and do it all myself. after i decided this i figure ok ill do the other side so i jst have to press out the one and put it back together. when i lifted up the the other side i felt a little play in the wheel so i need a wheel bearing on the other side and while i had these off i noticed my inner tie rod boots were destroyed and i have a tiny leak coming from the top of the rack, i think its just an o-ring. so ill be fixing all of this and possibly some new sway bar bushings, end links, and prothane lower control arm ball joint bushings. so a easy litle project turned into this big thing. oh well at least everything up front will be brand new and the handling will be that much better. after all this is done ill be saving up for some lowering springs. kinda happy this all happened.

transparentdsm

so ive been busy, i got all the bushings in the a arms and i got new sway bar bushings from JNZ that i installed. - no pictures

i wired wheeled the wheel wells and then re rubberized them(just passenger side)

here are some pictures. i have painted the hub, dust shield and caliper brackets and i wire wheeled the hubs.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

thank you next is new boots for the inner tie rods and new o-rings for the rack. then wheel bearings and sway bar end links. then i can install my stoptech slotted rotors and pads. then the front end will be done and i can move on to the rear end and get to cleaning and re-rubberizing the rear. i also think i might be picking up G's ENKEI 16" rims and im gonna paint them bronze, i think it might make the car pop a little bit and i'd really like that.

Last edited:

coyotes

I should stop looking at other people's build threads because I just see more crap I want to get done to my car. all in good time I guess!

Many dollars to throw into my car's budget for the time being.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts