The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Build Thread of 1415/2000

transparentdsm

you need to PM him and then buy a D51 series honda battery. my battery was 185$ after i used a few coupons at oreilly. i like buying things like batteries, starters, alternators and these types of things at a store locally so if something goes wrong i can just bring it back to the store and they replace it for me.

EMX5636

The pics look awesome man. Glad to see you got it all installed. Have fun, just don't give away my secret at the track! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif lol

Last edited:

EMX5636

I'm not really worried anyways since you aren't in PA anymore. Plus to get in trouble, I actually have to go to the track. haha

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Outstanding battery tuck. Like that very much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif to both of you.

transparentdsm

it really is such an amazing upgrade in my opinion. i had the battery in the trunk already and this just gave me all the extra room i could ever need. also i dont have a spare tire in my car, so in the empty spare tire section i put a work blanket, a few hand tools and the other half of my racing harnesses, until i get a harness bar. im really happy with how it all fit and the ease of putting it in.

EMX5636

Oh, here is my form of the legal B.S.- If you are planning on doing something like this with your battery, please use a sealed/ventless battery as there is no provision for a vent to the outside and fumes/sparks etc could be hazardous to your health or car. Off-road use only, blah blah blah etc.

Anyways, thanks for the positive comments, and glad I could help you clean your trunk out Shane! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

transparentdsm

Justin thank you, im one step closer to finish up my car. today i get my JDM rear bumper, tomorrow the tires arrive, but on a down note i got a PM from G and there are no more EVO 3 5th gears left. should have bought them a few years ago like i was planing on it the first time. oh well back to the drawing board...

new motto: if you see something you like for our cars, buy it you never know when it will be NLA..

turbowop

There has to be an Evo3 5th out there somewhere. Jacks, Shep, TRE? Maybe try to find a used one? It's not like 5th gets used much under power, so I wouldn't be afraid to use one that's had some use.

transparentdsm

i have called and asked all those places and no one had them, G did end up getting half of it. the inter. gear i now have bought, so im looking for the input evo 3 5th gear to finish it. yeah im not worried about buying one used, i would. im just going to have to start using translators and go on other country Forums for evo 3 and find a gear. im sure it will be an exciting experience.

turbowop

I'm surprised none of those vendors have any. Have you tried English Racing? Lucas has a ton of spare parts from years of working on DSM's. Might be worth the call...

mitsuturbo

I put the E3 5th in my box and almost wish i hadn't. 60mph speed limits in the seattle metro area combined with a somewhat large turbo means i have to downshift for all but the slightest of hills. Maybe once i tune the car better it won't be an issue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I just found myself downshifting to 4th a lot, even on the freeway at 60mph. If i take it up to 70+ it's not nearly as bad, but i don't feel like risking a citation. I'm sure it would be great for long trips, but i don't know that this car will ever see such a thing.

turbowop

Whenever I take 1051 to Seattle, I do roughly 80mph on the freeway. That 5th gear would help immensely with exhaust drone and fuel mileage. If I ever do a BBQ/meet at my house and you bring your car, you'd see.

transparentdsm

i have not tried english, ill give them a call on monday.

as for the long drives, i do a lot of driving in my car. i take 100+ mile in 1 direction trips once or twice a week and the speed limits are 70. in town i dont go out of 4th gear as its 40mph speed limits. also i dont have a large turbo im running a 16g and it spools fast. i spend a lot of time in 5th at 65+ and the lower RPM would be nice or at least i think it would be and worse case i don't like it i just switch back.

transparentdsm

JDM rear bumper install is probably the easiest thing ever. drill 2 holes, insert bumper, tighten nuts and bolts and done.

so the exhaust was a little close to the bumper so i took a torch, heated the exhaust up and bent it to make the exhaust sit straighter, still not happy but i need it on a lift to get it any better and id need another persons help.

now its almost where i want it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts