The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

909/1000 Build thread

jeverts

I should have taken a picture of it last night. They caliper didn't quite bolt on it was like .03 to .04 of interference on the inside of the caliper. I will just chuck it up in the lathe and take some off the outside and it will fit. I am just waiting to get paid tomorrow so I can pick up a pair. It looks kinda of awesome it so much stuffed inside a 17" wheel. Look into it and all you see is rotor and caliper.

TurboDSM

Any updates? I'm gonna try some cobra rotors and see how far off they are from fitting

jeverts

I was able to cut the rotors last night and get the proper offset for the rotor.I had to cut the OD of the rotor to 13.400 and add a 4mm (.157) between the hub and the rotor. And it fits perfect with good clearance on a EVO 8 Enkei.

TurboDSM What I would do if you go with the Cobra rotors is get some washers that will fit over the studs and stack them up until you get the proper offset. Then let me know what that offset is. I can make some spacers for the Cobra rotors. 4mm might be the magic number but I would just make sure. Like Patches said 13" will work just fine with plenty of pad contact.

It was kind hard to get a picture of the offset but it even on both sides.

TurboDSM

Will do. I have rears as well but I haven't had time to look and see if they will bolt on or need brackets. That will be the next challenge.

jeverts

I know some people are trying to figure out a rear brake swap option that will have the parking brake included. I don't know if anyone as succeeded or not.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
So Evo 8/9/10 rotors are out for fitment?

jeverts

Evo 8/9 are out because the diameter is too small. Evo 10 will work with a little machining.

Last edited:

KiNgMaRtY

Quoting jeverts:
I know some people are trying to figure out a rear brake swap option that will have the parking brake included. I don't know if anyone as succeeded or not.

Nope, I have not seen any finished products of a rear kit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

89Patches

I was going to mod the stock ebrake handle/mount to a hydraulic master, so you can still lock the rear brakes like stock. Eliminates the shitty cable setup. I know it's "not legal" but when you get inspected all they care about is when the hand brake is applied the car doesn't move. I just need to find some brembo's for the rear and I'll probably go ahead with it.

Here's some pic's of what I am talking about.

89366cbd.jpg

modifyedhydrohandbrake.jpg

TurboDSM

If you have to make brackets to make the rear work, I would be interested in a set of them

TurboDSM

Not to hijack your thread, but I found these and thought it might be useful information

jeverts

Our Fabricator Finished up a crash beam for me this weekend and also the rest of my intercooler piping. Got the bumper cover on which I have not seen a about 4 years

I didn't feel like waiting for a BOV flange so I ended up making one.

jeverts

Anyone on here have a sticker cutter that can cut me the Enkei logo for these wheels? The Dimension are 3/4" x 3" long. I don't need them to be the 2 tone color all black would be fine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned