The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

909/1000 Build thread

MellowVR4

SNOHACKIN has this on his vr4 and it sounds deep.

jeverts

We use vibrant on a lot of the exhausts that we build at the shop and they sound really nice. I also didn't want the big fart can hanging off the back of my car. I know a lot of people run them on the GVR4s and to each their own but I don't like the way they look on these cars. The 2gs they look alright but not on the older cars.

strokin4dr

I'm running the same Vibrant muffler with an 18" resonator and full 3" piping and no cat. It sounds nice, but is a bit louder than I was hoping for or expecting.
I may add another resonator eventually.
Also, You have to get creative with the rearmost hanger to get the muffler to look right and not hit the body due to the shape and short tips compared to the stock setup.

jeverts

Well I think its time to make a TRUE billet intake. No welding. Bolts, Billet, and seals. Picked up a chunk of MIC 6 and going to get started on it this weekend.

jeverts

This is just for the runners. Its way more than I need. Discount steel up here has a drop section that you can dig through to get material so its a little more discounted than off the shelf. It was $250 for that but I am going to saw probably 2 inches off the length and chop it in half the long way.

prove_it

So your going to build an intake that will cost the same as a Magnus or similar and not have any R&D behind it?

jeverts

I wont have $700 in material in it and I am machining this myself so free and anything is going to be better than the cyclone gutted that I have on there now.

jeverts

I know most people won't understand but there is a lot of satisfaction that comes from being able to create some from a raw piece of material into something that I consider to be a work of art and I am saying that for everyone that works in my field. I enjoy what I do and I will do this more as a learning experience and as a challenge. I am not selling these, and if it doesn't perform the best it won't bother me. Its more of a; "I designed that and built it". Not many people can say that.

EHmotorsports

I can 100% agree with that. plus after its made its not hard to throw it on a flow bench and test it.

strokin4dr

Sick!
Keep the pics coming.

jeverts

All finished up.

11274475_1589348501306028_477136766_n.jpg

VR4_1752

That looks sick!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

transparentdsm

looks soo good. is your camera inverting the pictures? it looks like the spot where the egr would be is on the wrong side. it could also be me.

jeverts

You freaked me out. I was at home when I read that. No, its good I think you are looking at it upside down. Most of the intake flanges that are made are not flat across the top. I did that to make it easier on myself for machining.

jeverts

Not sure if sarcasm? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Sorry I was vague on that. I meant to say, the head side flange is flat across the top side.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned