The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

909/1000 Build thread

prove_it

But the PS is in the way? Boy, this sounds interesting.

prove_it

I understand that, but I'm just curious why your moving the PS and leaving the alternator for the turbo set-up. The Alternator is more in the way when running a custom set-up.

Unless it's a top mount with a side dump....

galant344

very cool parts you are making.. i think you can make a decent buck producing these parts! Cant wait to see all of these finished products!!

jeverts

I may make these if I have a bunch of people interested. I need to change the design around so that I can change the numbers easily if that is was people are interested in. Or I can change them around just to say galant vr4 and run a bunch of them. It would be a little cheaper to do that than have the custom numbers on them.

Last edited:

prove_it

I'm pretty sure Mike V is in on this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JNR

Badge # would be cool. Otherwise, if it was cost prohibitive, then a blank one would be nice.

I understand CAD/CAM, so curious what code are you using and how are you getting it to the machine? Meaning, maybe there is an easier way to do that if we put our heads together /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jeverts

Quote:
I understand CAD/CAM, so curious what code are you using and how are you getting it to the machine? Meaning, maybe there is an easier way to do that if we put our heads together

I'm using solidworks with hypermill for programming. The programming isnt the issue it is the numbers drawn and centered. Its not a real big issue, probably an extra 15 min to do that but if you have to do it 10 20 times it adds up.

JNR

Quoting jeverts:
Quote:
I understand CAD/CAM, so curious what code are you using and how are you getting it to the machine? Meaning, maybe there is an easier way to do that if we put our heads together

I'm using solidworks with hypermill for programming. The programming isnt the issue it is the numbers drawn and centered. Its not a real big issue, probably an extra 15 min to do that but if you have to do it 10 20 times it adds up.

Ah, got it...Cool you have it down and yes that does add up. However, I believe it would be a worthwhile investment of time for people who want to buy them if you know what I mean. Just charge accordingly, but within reason of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jeverts

New Radiator mounts to shift the radiator towards the passenger side a couple inches to make a little more room for the turbo. I am hoping that our fabricator gets to the turbo manifold soon so that you guys can see what is going on. Our mill spindle took a sh*t last week (#Haasproblems) and I am waiting for it to get back up and running this up coming week so I can get a bunch of parts done on it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned