The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

909/1000 Build thread

jeverts

Thank you I will look into that...I have to go some sort of hard line. Something flexible will just not look right with a machined intake.

Fiascoxl

I like the idea of individual throttle bodies, this paired with equal length runners would be amazing. This would no doubt leave each cylinder with equal airflow without the need of a cad blueprint or virtual flow testing. I know runner size would have to be kept to a minimum but placing the tb (sans itb) at center of the runners underneath or over the top could solve that easily. Just a thought.

edit: then again this would never work without a chamber to speed up the in coming air and like said keep the motor happy at idle and part throttle.

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

here is a good thread on the progression of this Z cars intake/itb setup. click

jeverts

While I am waiting on my exhaust manifold to get done I figured I would start on my sending unit.

Op1

Op2

Op3 I put in the 3/8 NPT holes

I modified a OEM gasket to work with the holes that I riv nuted

Here is the finished Top hat

I have 2 other brackets that I need to make yet to hang the fuel pump. Once everything is test fitted I will send this out for anodizing.

I am still looking at bulk head wire fittings to and I didn't want to put the hole in yet till I find one that will work.

JamesFoster

Progress is looking great! Love that sending unit.

GSXftw

Doin very cool stuff, keep it coming

prove_it

Mike Valencia will want a fuel sender unit too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Ralli380Gvr4

Hell yeah! Looks like a great start to a fun project. I am also a fan of the machine work.
Keep it flowing, it looks killer.

Subscribed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

prove_it

Never seen it done. I think running new lines has stopped many people from that. Don't see why not though. Just need new pressure/return lines and a relocated fluid resivour.

jeverts

Awesome that would work great. I Just need the PS out of the way to get the turbo and manifold setup the way I want it. Pictures will ensue.

prove_it

Where will the alternator go then?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned