The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1517's thread ***More pics added 12/31***

Quoting galant1517:
I hate my car right now.

Not anymore! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rock.gif

The pedal feel has never been better in this car... ever... and I do mean since this car was new. I got the car with 122k, and I am confident that it hasn't been this good even before I owned it. I have been fighting this for years. That means I have adjusted, and replaced, replaced some more, bled, adjusted, bled, bled again, adjusted some more, replaced, bled, repaired, rebuilt, bled, and replaced every gawddamned part even slighty related to the clutch on my car. Before I owned the car, I even put a stock replacement clutch in it, and it was still in there when I bought it. It seems ironic really, because a certain reputable shop has driven, adjusted, and checked my car, and told me that my pedal assembly was just fine, and their test method = fail. I had to disassemble a spare set of pedals to figure out exactly how they work, how they fail, and how to properly test them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Maybe my car is just special, and the so-called pedal test works fine on other cars. (Yeah right.) Anyhow, I'm glad it is fixed, and I recommend that any and everyone of you with any sort of clutch issue look real hard at your pedal assembly.

Diego

Holy rocketship Batman! @$"*POW
This car has some power!

-Robin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Quoting galant1517:
and when it walks out on dry pavement, it has given me a hard on.

Yeah, I said it.

Turns out that I just had some crappy tires. I was forced to upgrade right before Christmas, and mounted up a set of Goodyear Eagle GT 235/45/17 97V all seasons. These new tires are grippy, which is nice, and also disappointing. It felt a lot cooler to be able to get the tires spinning on an AWD car. I feel much safer now, however, because the tires are actually capable of keeping up with the car.

Other than that, there isn't much to update. Rolled out to the local junkyard with another member today, as they were having a 50% off sale. Got a couple good things, but we missed out on what he really needed.

I need the weather to smooth out some so I don't freeze my arse in the garage and there will be some more updates.

Here are some more pics:

Here is a pic of the new rubber.

A pic of my car next to a friend's 351W powered replica. My car is way faster, as his only weighs 1960 lbs.

And these are some newer pics of the outside of the car(complete with a totally custom license plate cover /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rock.gif):

Last edited by a moderator:

Okayplayer

Lookin good Justin, so what's next for it? Paint? Suspension? You need to take a ride in my car to see if you like the Evo 8 setup.

Yes I do Dez, but I'm sure the E8 stuff is worlds better than the GVR4 stuff.

As for what's next, I have figured out why the lowest boost pressure I was able to run was 20-21 psi. When I ordered my wastegate, MAP said that they would set it to whatever boost pressure that I wanted. I requested that they set it to .7 bar. Well, I took the top off of it and found springs in there for 1.3 bar. Shame on them for giving me the wrong setting. Shame on me for not double checking it.

I just got done with modifying the I/C piping and the intake pipe some more. I had my neighbor weld some aluminum blocks to both pieces so I could drill and tap them for some brass barb fittings. I needed a port in the intake pipe to run the valvecover breather hose, and I added two ports to the I/c piping for a proper boost reference for both my wastegate and my boost controller. Once I get the pipes cleaned out tomorrow, I'll put it all back together and see if my boost is actually at a more reasonable level.

Quoting turbowop:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif @ the rag over the license plate.

Thanks Wop, I took those pics to post onto FB, and didn't want some random people figuring out where I lived. Most of the active CO peeps have already seen the car and/or been to my house, so I am not too worried this group of guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most have far more home technology than I as well. I don't even own a computer, although I am working on that. The funny thing is that hanging a rag over the plate is much easier and accomplishes the same thing. It takes two seconds to hang a rag, and then you take all the pics you want. I have never photoshopped anything, but I'll bet it takes longer than two seconds, and you have to do it to each pic.

I just finished putting everything back together. Problem solved. Boost is 13-14 on just the wastegate now. The Broncos/Steelers game is on so I have called it a day. I still have to play with the boost controller to set my high boost, but being able to run less than 20 is nice.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned