The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Who here is in 10s?

NateCrisman

Speaking of "The List", I would really like to assemble a GalantVR4.org times list for this site. DSMtimes.org seems to have gotten yet another update to the DSM pages, but not the galant list. It would also be nicer to have more info about the car/pass/setup compared to DSMtimes. links to members page for mod lists, ect.

Anyway...if you drag oriented guys are interested....should we start a new thread? I'll volunteer to keep it updated.

brisvr4

Sounds good to me Nate, gives me more incentive to work harder on the car!

NateCrisman

Success. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bigblock4g63

also who has the fastest fwd Galant ???

LIV4PSI

Gizmo and 1062 are both in the 9's. There aren't any fast fwd Galants on here

EMX5636

I am hoping to pull a very high 10 sec slip out of my car next season. But I suck/have no practice at drag racing so I'll need a few passes to iron everything out. Unfortunately, it will take me a couple trips, because my car isn't certed below 11.49. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I've only ever wanted a 10.9x out of the car in full street trim, so if I can get it, I'll be happy.

Galantvr4559

I live in colorado and at bandimere on the last test and tune I clicked off my best time to date. 10/9/13 i hit 11.41 at 126 with a 1.7 60'. I am hoping to be in the 10's next year at 5800 ft above sea level! This elevation is a big hp killer! This was done in a full body car no cage and full interior weighing in at 3575 with me in it.

turbohf

what kind of power it take to click off a 10 in a GVR4?

Diego

At sea level I feel 450/500 will get you there if you're a decent driver

diambo4life

I have been in the 10's before but that was in my old Talon about 4 years ago. Making the power is not an issue....finding the traction and nailing the shifts is what is paramount. I was very proud of myself getting a full interior Talon to run 10.50s on true street tires. I am just hopping I can better that in the Galant in the spring.

rexwagon1909

My GGSX should, I stress should lol, be a mid to low 10 sec car hopefully on street tires when it's done. Built 10:1 with 6266 and e85, my friends similar setup on a 6262 did 10.3 on slicks and pump gas

BpuVR4

read through this thread...is it an understanding that going with an auto trans will yield to less busted parts, or am I off my rocker here? I have yet to launch any of the 3 VR$'s ive had due to hear of breaking something...the irony.

LIV4PSI

Yes, auto is the way to go if you want reliability.

turbohf

Quoting BpuVR4:
read through this thread...is it an understanding that going with an auto trans will yield to less busted parts, or am I off my rocker here? I have yet to launch any of the 3 VR$'s ive had due to hear of breaking something...the irony.

i feel the same. would kinda like my car to make a fast trip down the track once though. along with dyno. but i built it for street fun. should deff make the power to go fast, and the torque to break sh*t lol.

brisvr4

With a manual the biggest hurdle is the launch and first 60.
I've been trying for a 10 for a while now and I'm still yet to nail it even though the old girl runs a 132mph trap.
Mind you, I'm a stubborn ass and am determined to run the 10 on stock rims and 205/60 street tyres....

BpuVR4

^" am determined to run the 10 on stock rims and 205/60 street tyres...."

that's got to be a thing of beauty

diambo4life

I did it on the stock steelie wheels and 205's...with a crappy 60' but my old Talon used to trap decent in the 1/8th. That makes a big difference.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned