The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Who here is in 10s?

thecman02

You need to sweet talk the track prep crew into throwing down a little more traction compound on the strip. Then all you need to do is cross your fingers and hope you don't gut your trans from the hard launch. At shootout a guy sprayed my lane down. They through down the traction compound and I ended up bogging my launch because the traction was just that much better.

diambo4life

Best so far has been an 11.36 at 132-133'ish (on lower boost) from a couple months ago with a 1.93 60'. Just have not been able to put together a good pass. The car has had several 1.77 60's but something happens during the runs and I get out of it. Also have broken 2 u-joints and a 3rd gear this year. The power is there since it has gone 106-107mph in the 1/8th with me bogging the 1-2 and general high rpm clutch disengagement issues but I hope to dip deep into the 10's next year if I can shift the damn thing and not break any more drivetrain parts. Whoever said going from low 11's to 10's is right....psychological torture. Took me many passes to do it in the old Talon but after I ran the first 10...I could do it with my eyes closed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I want the GVR4 in the 10's on street tires first then I will put the stickies on.

Last edited:

WesternMD_VR4

My buddy is in the 10s in his galant. 1972/2000 I mentioned him on here before. He unfortunately really doesn't ever get on the forum tho.the car needed a lot of love when he bought it but he ha put so much into it over the summer. I can post a video or pics but he has a GT42R with 2100cc injectors. I can get you a mod list if needed but built bottom end cleaned up head and 280 cams with a walbro 450. He actually stopped racing for now till he does a few things. He said the tq steer is so intense he wants to do some things to it first. He's on 30psi

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts