The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The ultimate street galant in the making? Cheekychimp's

a2vr4

any updates yet Paul?

cheekychimp

MMMmmmmm ... not of the sort that you guys are dying to see unfortunately. Things are pretty much at a standstill until the headliner is done and Curtis can ship the stuff over. We have just run into a brick wall because it is very difficult to do things properly without doing them in the right order and I just can't do any more at this stage without some of the stuff that currently isn't here.

Added to that however there are developments that I wasn't expecting. I got 'coerced' into reconsidering my intention to go with the stock seats. I didn't really want racing seats in a street car, but I needed something that would offer support and work with a harness. Fortunately with a little help I have found some seats that look good, offer support but are also (I am reliably informed) very comfortable. Curtis also found some circle track crash bars at a local race suppliers. They may not be to everyones liking but having looked at them Curtis thinks they can be built to fit outside the existing bumper and be detachable. It is extra weight but these could be on or off very quickly. I want them because they will offer a lot of additional protection to the car if it ever gets used on duty but could be taken off for a photo shoot. I think they'll actually look pretty racey to be honest though and I'll probably run them a lot of the time. They should offer at least as much protection as a US bumper but at about half the weight and they will also protect the bumpers lights, intercooler and radiator in the event of a mild collision. I fear traffic jams more than high speed antics. There are always idiots sitting on your bumper whilst not concentrating!

SleepinGVR4

Hey Paul do you plan on doing the "Pit Maneuver" or whatever its called when your chasing down a suspect? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm being serious though.

cheekychimp

The "Pit Manouevre" is actually extremely dangerous and I haven't been trained to do it. I'm not saying I'd never attempt it but the circumstances would need to really warrant it, because the risks to other road users are quite high, particularly here, where the traffic density is so high.

We are looking more at using two cars to stop the suspect by 'sandwiching' his vehicle whilst he is moving slowly or stationary. The bars should be ideal for that because if you get up close and personal before he realizes, the suspect has no opportunity to gain momentum and the risk of damage to either vehicle (and injury to the occupants!) is minimal.

On a lighter note /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif these finally arrived from Paulo:

a2vr4

bling-bling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif are you running both of them in your car? if not you want to sell me one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

cheekychimp

Sorry, these were custom built for a JDM car. Both pods point the gauges towards the driver in a RHD vehicle. You might be able to see the gauges in the passenger pod but the placement wouldn't be ideal. Since I'm running gauges in the centre console now, I'll probably use the two lower pods for tweeters for the stereo system.

Ribbon tweeters mounted here would sound awesome!

cheekychimp

Oh yeah, I forgot the pictures:

Crash Bars

Seats

Edit: I had chosen these seats before the "Dumbass GTO Drivers" thread was posted!

Last edited:

Yiuwa

But then you are transforming your grocery taker into a 4-seaters /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

cheekychimp

Quote:
But then you are transforming your grocery taker into a 4-seaters

How often do I have more than four people in the car? The only time I use the back seats is when you and Ken come for Dim Sum (Yam Cha) ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

DailyDSM

More info on the GTO seats install please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

curtis

They fit Ryan, I went to the dealer and measured a set for him. They are big but will work one reason is because he's so fricking tall and has those chimp arms. I'm the one that talked him into it. I sent about 15 ebay links one night with everything from GT# carbon fibers to vettes. I guess he found these while looking at the ls1 stuff or something. He's having the headliner guy put suede to match in the centers and bolsters. I'll be fabing up brackets for him in my car. and cutting the rear foam and getting them fitted also. So If we need small panels made to cover areas I can do it at he same time and cover them in suede along with the package tray modifications.

WOW! Those seats look really good. Looks a little bulky for the scrawny chimp though. I especially like the rears, can't wait to see what they look like once installed.

Boostin21

if you are looking for a product that covers paint protects against everything. i have EXACTLY what you are looking for. but it may need to stay on the DL, seeing as how i could lose my job if the wrong person found out what i am about to do. ahh, screw it, i hate my job!

i have a new product that will protect against UV, tree sap, bugs, acid rain, and RUST! and in all my years of detailing/portering i havent seen such an impressive product. let me know if you are interested in it. if it helps, this product is supposed to protect for 5 years.

number3

JCloke,

You have seen it?

Please share the picture with us as well to enjoy.

cheekychimp

Would everyone like pictures of another stripped and dirty Galant with 'agricultural quality' welding and covered in POR-15?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned