The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The ultimate street galant in the making? Cheekychimp's

curtis

I hate to tell you paul but that bloody carpet will have bulges where the front mounts will be so they will have to be cut out. Then you'll need flat pieces of carpet that are bound on the edges that cover that hole on both sides. Sorry just thought of that. Maybe the resident carpet guy can get an extra few pieces of shag. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

curtis

more toys

I got the headliner the other day and today all of the amsoil stuff showed up, so I went and picked it up. I pieced it together just for pictures it came with alot more hoses fitting etc. Not sure what all it does but the cnc work is fabtastic. Paul will have to explain the boeing triple 7 oil system he's doing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Merry New Year Paul.

KT

That looks like Amsoils dual filter set up with the optional preoiler for cold starts. I run Amsoil in my F-250 and Corolla. My next truck mod is that dual filter setup.

curtis

Just an update the interior and four of the plastic boxes go out next week. The next shipment hopefully will be soon there after.

I got a new package in the mail yesterday.

I would post a picture but some may have never heard of these niffty things. So the pdf file from the company would be better. Will be using them in the intake along with the ac system and the oil system. These are brought to you by the country that exports the big *&^*%(* Blondes and rally drivers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laminova

laminova 2

Last edited:

464/2K

what is the update on this thing?

V8EATER

Laminova make really kicking water/air intercoolers, don't they? I think this years USCC champion had those on it.

curtis

Its hard to build a car when 60% of the parts are in middle tenn. When in the final lap of the parts inventory now. After this shipment goes I have a few things to build and Paul is taking a few weeks off from work to get things going.

464/2K

yeah but i thought ALex sent a crate of sh*t to him already?

JNR

hmmm, thought that interior looked familiar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thank your stars you have 4-doors though and don't have to rely on those stupid power seats to get in the back (no manual override and s-l-o-w)! But, comfortable as a two cent whore in a penny arcade...

How did you size the core(s)? I assume there is more than one right? I could find a lot of info about them.

cheekychimp

We didn't size the cores. Curtis found them on ebay. $49.99 a pop for FOUR cores and they had two sets. I got the first set for the asking price and had to bid a little on the others. Laminova do make highly efficient intercoolers and oil/fluid coolers using these type of cores and they run from $250-USD and $500-USD up for the small and medium sized cores. These are 15" long. It would cost thousands to fully equip a car with Laminovas, but these cores were cheaper than most quality tube and fin oil coolers!

The plan is to run a two stage intercooler with a FMIC after the turbo and several of these at the plenum. You guys can laugh if you want but I've seen a two stage system on a 500 hp Cosworth in the UK and it kept intake temps at AMBIENT. Throw in direct port water/meth injection at the runners and you are looking at an extremely capable system to overcome the problem of the high tropical temperatures normally experienced here. I wouldn't do this with any other air to water system, not even a PWR if it was a second stage unit but with a Laminova based system I am convinced this will work because the pressure drop is so low.

Ricky, you are right, Alex's stuff turned up a long time ago. Unfortunately some of this stuff with Curtis needs to be here before I can continue. I can't weld in the cage until I have fitted the headliner and the roof antenna. I need the fuel pump before I can put the fuel tank assembly back in and run the fuel lines; and I need the ABS delete lines so I can run the lines in before I stick the block in. There will still be a lot of finishing touches to be done at the end, but with all the chassis preparation done, once this shipment gets here, I can really get the car back together.

I still need that Turbo XS EBC by the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

No, not laughing here. Most of the pics of those don't show up very well. I'm am trying to understand how they work. It looks like the air psuhes up around the tube centers and follows the grooves. But the pictures seem to indicate that the air then follows the edge of the tube back down.

464/2K

paul im just giving u sh*t. i dont want to see u end up like Plesko! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheekychimp

Quote:
No, not laughing here. Most of the pics of those don't show up very well. I'm am trying to understand how they work. It looks like the air psuhes up around the tube centers and follows the grooves. But the pictures seem to indicate that the air then follows the edge of the tube back down.

Does this help?

All the above are taken from the Laminova pdf download files available for download from the Laminova site here.

Rausch

hey cheeky, you think these would work the opposite way? say to cool oil? with a directed flow of ambient air, and maybe a fan to assist when at lower speeds? a shorter run of one of those may solve our cooler location issues...just a thought...

cheekychimp

lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Aaron, I have just PM'd you. YES these are used in oil coolers and it would be perfect for what we are doing. This could probably locate up behind the bumper support with a radiator for the coolant located remotely. We can offset it so that it is away from the manifold but the line routings would be very very clean. I'd say it would be a winner for your design application.

Rausch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gifi just got, and replied to your PM!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

curtis

I feel like RADAR from M*A*S*H. I just shipped a car across the pacific. This time a VR4 and not a 55 willys Jeep.

Parting pictures of the insanity me an Paul have faced. I wish I had took pictures of all the stuff as it came in but my hard drive isn't that large. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pallet one carbon fiber hood, two trunks, headliner and taillights.
Pallet two GTO interior, roll cage pading (high density stuff), a thermodynamics book and a motor trend.
Pallet 3 .....4 of the tuff bins pack to the rim with odds and ends.

Actually the mass of all of this was larger than alex's first shipment.

Damn it the pictures want load. Hertz I've wait two years for this day and your not letting me post pictures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I'll get them up when the pictures will load.

brute

Why must you temp me so, Curtis? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned