The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Robbies 1137/2000 build

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Longitudinal crossmembers?

Mdlimy

Ordered the heims and misc hardware for them.

Mdlimy

Bulfab.com sells much nicer chromolly ones and I could not compete with his prices.

Mdlimy

Ah I see. If you are not in a hurry, lets see how I end up doing mine and If it works out without blocking the drain (I would like to) then I could probably knock out a couple more.

Keep tabs on my build and when you see the north/south bars installed, shoot me a message, otherwise Ill forget /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSXftw

Lookin really good! Car has definitely come a long ways and its nice to see a DIY'er with some skills. It looks like the car didnt come with AC? Was trying to see how the intercooler and everything all fit in. I have to ask, why no twin scroll on the mani though?

Mdlimy

Thanks man, im happy with the progress lately!

It did have a/c but I ripped it out, only a couple months of hot weather a year and I dont like driving it in that heat anyways.

I got a smoking deal on this great condition garrett 35r for $500 bucks and its single scroll, I would have loved to do twin scroll, next time for sure.

Mdlimy

Decided to go 3" intercooler piping...Cut off the 2.5" in/out on the fmic and welded on 3". Redid all the piping, somewhat short route now. Somehow managed to fit 3" on the stock TB flange, lots of porting to make it smooth and work but atleast I have 3" all the way to the manifold for when I build an Intake with a 3" tb.

Also made a couple solid adjustable lifters for degreeing the camshafts. I think I will be selling these in pairs for anyone that needs them for degreeing.

Mdlimy

Not a whole lot new, been tying up lots of the little things. Still waiting on the shop to finish my stainless lines /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Did a little cleaning in the bay, acetone worked well to remove the nasty cosmoline. Cant wait to ditch the abs and build a new engine harness!

One -4an for the turbo coolant and the other for wastegate coolant. The other two -4an fittings are on the Tstat housing.

Mdlimy

Did the abs delete finally, very happy to get rid of that crap. I will be doing a full fluid flush and refilling with ATE Blue racing fluid.

My used nascar quartermaster 7.25" twin disc arrived, along with a hydraulic throwout bearing. So I can now get started on my budget twin disc setup. New 7/8"-20spline discs should arrive soon.

My plan is to machine the flywheel to accept this pressure plate, which wont be hard but I am now noticing that the friction discs dont make full contact towards the center of the flywheel. In hopes of not having to buy a $400 flywheel, I have a solution, Ill update when that ball gets rolling.

The used twin disc cost me $300 to my door, all the plates measure within spec, the disc have to be replaced since they are the wrong spline size/count, a pair of new discs cost me $150. The hydraulic throw out bearing cost me $80.

I am hoping to have a full twin disc and hydraulic throw out bearing setup working with brand new discs for under $700.

Mdlimy

No more pesky leaky flange/bolt holes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

We getting ready for some ethanol!

Made a coolant overflow, should have stripped all the anodize off the fitting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Finished the downpipe and got started on the aluminum exhaust /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned