The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#435/2000 Build Thread

Well I finally got it off the jackstands and out of the garage. I finished up alot of the last things needed to get it running. I got the oil cooler, the FMIC and piping, and radiator installed. I left the 450's in and put the stock MAF on to just get it going. I have alot more little odds and ends to do but at least its running and driving now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ghostinthevr4

Awesome build good to see a Cali VR-4 being saved. From the looks of your driveway your sick in the head my friend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

I got some more stuff done in the last few days but ran into some small problems also. The rubber gas tank filler hose was craked, the rear axle was leaking at the rear end, coolant gauge isn't working. I got the Evo MAS, Evo Injectors, and the ecu with keydiver chip installed. It runs pretty good just need to do lots of random minor things to finish the car up for a DD. I will have some new updates and pics soon. I just need to get the Indiana registration going on this thing so I can drive it around cali with no issues.

Well I fixed all of those random problems I had and got some more stuff added. I got the front bumper on for now, but will need to take it off again soon to install the fog lights. I installed a DSM shifter that was cut and welded even shorter, DSM leather shift boot, DSM steering wheel, Autometer Digital boost and water temp gauges, and greddy turbo timer.

I hate messing with interior

Bumper installed cut out for the ETS FMIC

All the interior add-ons installed

Did some new stuff recently. I put in a 3in downpipe and full custom 3in exhaust with HKS carbon Ti Muffler. I also installed a 3in GM Mas/MAFT translator and a SAFC.

Some pics..

Actually pretty good. I haven't had a problem yet. It is starting to have some stalling issues. Which I believe is due to the altenator going bad. The voltage on the car is cycling constantly up and down. I also have a minor oil leak from the OFH I believe. But I have lots of other projects going on right now and will most likely be selling this to fund them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned