The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ridiculous Downpipe Q

Wookalar

Looks like a good size gap in there. You need a gasket at the least but it looks like those pieces don't match (diameter).

Last edited:

BpuVR4

there is actually no gap. it does look that way in the pic due to shadowing from the flash, but if you blow it up, you'll see it's flush. i poked a file around where the flanges meet. definitely gonna put in a gasket soon, this was an impromptu look/adjustment and during after store hours. as far as i could tell its sealed up on the backside too. it just never hit me that the slotted holes on the downpipe meant it could be adjusted, im retarded.

my cabin used to reek a bit of exhaust (kinda used to it from the older cars Ive had), it's nonexistent now. I take a deep whiff at stops and slightly confused i don't smell anything haha.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Much better. That size difference is fairly normal with larger downpipes coupled to stock O2 housings. And yes, the slotted fit is to accommodate that.

CutlassJim

Or so that a downpipe fits a 1G/2G and Evo O2 housing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts