The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hello All

No luck with the cable...

It seems that i MAY be using the wrong resistor...
Mine is..

Gold Red Black Brown

The one on the site is..

Gold Black Orange Red

Quoting Cspetros:
You said you were using a Palm Tungsten right? If I'm not mistaken, the Tungsten isn't supported. You have to use an older Palm.

Here is a list of devices that work/don't work: Compatible (and incompatible) Palm list

I bet that's your problem.

Im using the Tungsten e2 -which says DSM only. Is there a certain way to start the car, start the program etc?
i start the program, then click on RPM then the box next to it. Next i uncheck Pause... the palm locks up. i start the car and nothing happens. i also just started the program and turned the car onto the on position. no change. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Any ideas? i do have an older palm at work, i may try that and see... if not, who wants to test it? i might even send the serial palm cable as well... just to eliminate that being a problem.

cspetros

The only thing you have to do in order to log is have the key in the "On" position. If the key is "On", but the engine is off, only certain sensors will give a reading (like, no RPMs since the engine isn't running, etc.).

Try your old Palm (plug it's sync cradle/cable into the serial port on the cable you made). If your old one is on the list I linked you to, then it should most definitely work. The older Palms were "old school" serial based. Newer Palms are not.

I have a feeling that your cable is fine, but we will see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Last edited:

Quoting Cspetros:
The only thing you have to do in order to log is have the key in the "On" position. If the key is "On", but the engine is off, only certain sensors will give a reading (like, no RPMs since the engine isn't running, etc.).

Try your old Palm (plug it's sync cradle/cable into the serial port on the cable you made). If your old one is on the list I linked you to, then it should most definitely work. The older Palms were "old school" serial based. Newer Palms are not.

I have a feeling that your cable is fine, but we will see .

Well you might have been right! After much cussing, lol, i went back to work, grabbed a palm 3... ran MMCd and the application actually went through its routine. Unlike the E2 that just hangs. The only problem is that the plam 3c battery is shot... so as soon as it loses power, it dies. now im on the hunt for the battery.

Ill have to remake a cable... i quickly made one similiar (but better looking) one from that site... although its not on a PC board and its just free air.

-thanks for your help.
Rob

UPDATE: 9-23-09

Found out the compression was horrible...about 70-80 per cylinder.
Replaced the rings and timed the motor -Dead on. Compression is right on.

Car still will not start right off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Connected my palm up, using mmcd, checked for anything abnormal, get to the 4th tab... (FUEL) the voltage with key on the ON position reads is at 9.3V

Reconnected the palm up to my GST, get to the 4th tab... (FUEL) and the voltage with key on the ON position reads 0.3V

Could it be the fuel pump? Would anyone be willing to check their car for me?

Many thanks.
Rob

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned