The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Does the 2g awd downpipe get rid of the cat?

hosmer

I've searched....and as a sidebar, why can't there be an option to only search thread titles? That would make it a little easier, no?

Anyway, I did find numerous posts saying the 2g downpipe worked "better" but after looking at some pics of a few it looks longer than ours. So, does it eliminate the cat or is it an optical illusion? Also, am I going to be cutting/welding to get one to work or will it bolt in with a little effort?

Thanks

Gimpin

You can search thread titles .... put -RE: at the begining of your search. Make sure you dont forget the :

Last edited:

Hertz

Staff member
Quote:
why can't there be an option to only search thread titles? That would make it a little easier, no?

Done.

fivestardsm

Seriously Ryan? It is that easy to get you to change something? Just ask! SWEET!

Can I get my user name a=in any color I chose somewhere in my home page? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif (J/K)

As for the 2G DP I dont belive that it is just because it is for a 2G, I belive it has to be a cat delete D.P. But I am not sure. I know I have a Megan for a 2G that deleted the cat, But I was pretty sure it was concidered a "cat delete" style /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Here is Punishment racings DP: click

Last edited:

Brunoboy

2g is longer so yes it deletes the cat.....then mated with a catback....

dsmless

why go to the trouble of a 2g "cat delete" downpipe if you can just go to a mom and pop exhaust shop and they can make you a cat delete pipe that can bolt in and out (out for emissions if required and in for cruiseing around,) Im sure it will be cheaper or if you have a welder just go buy a 3 " pipe and weld it yourself, just throwing it out there

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I bought a Megan 2g downpipe that retained the cat.

hosmer

Quoting dsmless:
why go to the trouble of a 2g "cat delete" downpipe if you can just go to a mom and pop exhaust shop and they can make you a cat delete pipe that can bolt in and out (out for emissions if required and in for cruiseing around,) Im sure it will be cheaper or if you have a welder just go buy a 3 " pipe and weld it yourself, just throwing it out there

because someone local is selling a 3" stainless 2g downpipe cheap and it has a secondary o2 bung welded on (which I need for my new wideband setup)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned