The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Makeover of 1439

Bro, I couldn't imagine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'd love to here a sound click too if thats possible. Hell.....that might be worth stopping on one of my two trips to Florida this year to meet the "panda" in person. Go pound some brews if you can hang with the boss.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

^Lol I have some things in the works to get some better pics and maybe some video soon. I actually drove it around yesterday.

Here are some updated pictures of the car. This shows the 2 mildly crushed 1g bovs recirculated back in. I have't really worked under the hood to clean anything up so forgive me. I have another heat shield and I'll repaint the tops of the headlights and source the passenger side fog light covers. I put in a set of mint usdm corner lights to give the front some color. I like them better than the clear jdm on this scheme for some reason. I liked them on SGTDave's GGSX more than I usually do too.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Man that cars fuckin sexy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif
What rims are those again? Those are definitely hot on our cars.
I'm picking up what your throwing down about the corners too. I don't think the usdm's ever looked so good IMO. The BOV configuration is insane. Still need to here it. You'd think it would be loud. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Anyway, great job Jay. It looks amazing

^The wheels are Advan SA3A in 17x7 F and 17/8 R.

The bypass valves are quieter because instead of all the pressure going through 1 valve they can split the difference and do less work. Recirculating defintely helps keeping it quiet too. One is slightly less crushed and lets some air escape at normal driving (2-3 psi going up a hill situations), they both release at full boost. I have the boost controller turned off until another dyno tune is in order. Running it at 1 bar right now and on a medocre tune it does well. When I turn it up to 25 +/- psi again I may run 2 Dodge garage modded bov's on it.

Finally seeing everything together puts it way over the top for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif That thing should look killer in person. I would've rather to see a little darker color wheel but the white creates a nice contrast against the black. Jay, this car was hot as full white & was one of my favorite. It definately didn't loose any points at all. I still prefer the white TE37 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Boostdtalon

I can not put into words how much I love the look! Thanks for the new wallpaper btw. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

G

Staff member
Looks hot b, i'd say ditch the rubber for more stretch! You have coil overs?

Ralli380Gvr4

Looking real sharp brotha', big fan of the old school look. It's really coming together nicely.

Let us know how the dual 1g's work after your final tune. Have you thought about doing the dejon 1g bov mod instead of crushing em'? or is that the dodge garage mod, either way it's badass.

which CF trunk is that>? i want one for 1893, and i've found ONE guy who makes one (on ebay), but idk about the quality

The carbon trunk is HiRev performance, fitment is ok but not great. Be wary of working with them though

Quoting G:
Looks hot b, i'd say ditch the rubber for more stretch! You have coil overs?

The tires are pretty small as it is. I am thinking about lowering the rear just a hair more though.

Quoting Ralli380Gvr4:
Looking real sharp brotha', big fan of the old school look. It's really coming together nicely.

Let us know how the dual 1g's work after your final tune. Have you thought about doing the dejon 1g bov mod instead of crushing em'? or is that the dodge garage mod, either way it's badass.

Dodge garage it the original vacuum loop that Dejon starting modeling it after. I'll see what these start losing efficiency at and then go from there.

Quoting Garfield Wright:
Finally seeing everything together puts it way over the top for me That thing should look killer in person. I would've rather to see a little darker color wheel but the white creates a nice contrast against the black. Jay, this car was hot as full white & was one of my favorite. It definately didn't loose any points at all. I still prefer the white TE37

I may put the te37's on again one day. I really liked them with the A048's but they picked up all kinds of trash. Obviously I think these cars are fun with different parts on them and there are like 5 members I know of with white TE37s. Nobodys in the States have these on. Mostly because people either think they are ugly or they dont. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Since this is a semi-build thread I'll update things about the car here. This is more of an update on where the car stays more that anything. I painted the garage, sealed the floor (good thing since the p/s fluid started pushing out of the top of the reservior and made a puddle), got 2 new garage doors and openers and added a bigger cutaway for working up front. My buddy ian framed some pictures of the car I put in there. Dusted off an old Etnies skate bench and put some stuff there for now.
005.jpg

Trickle charger on the roof, gotta build a shelf. Foam noodles ziptied to the pole to prevent door dings:
006-1.jpg

014.jpg

015-1.jpg

p/s leak
018.jpg

016.jpg

Now the most redneck thing ever, Camo vinyl on the IC pipes. Back in the day I had army green IC pipes and I loved them but when I changed setups I left them polished but they got scratched. Again another thing that people either thinks it's fun or hates about this car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
019.jpg

G

Staff member
Looks sweet, is that trickle charger going through your sunroof to your cigarette lighter? If so good idea! So you don't have to direct connect to the battery.

nickbuilt

looks sick, 2 thumbs up when or if you do a jdm rear bumper and its painted black the car is or would look sick but 2 thumbs up sick right nice jdm wheels i wish i could find a set of those in 5 lug i would grab those with the quickness!

-nick

G

Staff member
Whattt?? ^^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Ralli380Gvr4

Jay, I like the vinyl wrap on the IC pipes, reminds me of my camo Ruckus. Samco started doing some camo on their silicone radiator pipes, maybe you could find some to match(i.e. from an Evo III.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Quoting nickbuilt:
looks sick, 2 thumbs up when or if you do a jdm rear bumper and its painted black the car is or would look sick but 2 thumbs up sick right nice jdm wheels i wish i could find a set of those in 5 lug i would grab those with the quickness!

-nick

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Nick I think you might have pulled up the first page and commented on the first set of pics. (Another reason we need the "view all" tab back in action /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Maybe you are on a blackberry or Iphone, but someone is gonna give you a hard time for the "text talk." Just a heads up brotha.

curtis

Jay the car is looking sweet, the military dot matrix works as well. Guarantee that's a one off design.
I'm not seeing pandas anymore just one giant pow mia logo VR4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quoting G:
Looks sweet, is that trickle charger going through your sunroof to your cigarette lighter? If so good idea! So you don't have to direct connect to the battery.

Exactly, this way I dont trip over it when I'm walking through at night AGAIN. Curtis, I like that POW/MIA theme idea, that's what I'm going to tell people when I get asked "What were you thinking?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Quoting nickbuilt:

-nick

I suppose you didn't see the finished pictures but yeah its done now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned