The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Makeover of 1439

blacksheep

Car looks great overall, but here are my thoughts:

1) I think if you vinyled the roof (reversible) black or painted it black, it would look much better - that white roof section looks a little weird to me with the cf hood and trunk. Maybe someone can photoshop it?

2) The white and black contrast is a little too much. I like that pic of the JDM one you posted.

Still, its pretty cool looking....

381gvr4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Bumper too. Nothin great but quick.....

(just sparked up for my 420 post/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3deek3.gif)

Last edited:

Quoting blacksheep:

2) The white and black contrast is a little too much. I like that pic of the JDM one you posted.

The white/black contrast is bold. Much more so than a white and gray but I wanted bold. My cars have to be the goofiest of the goofy. I'm not going to put together something that other people would think of most times and sometimes a lot of people don't even like my idea. But in my head this is the combination I wanted. As it comes together it looks better and better (as would any car) and everything is falling into place the way i'd like. This is the price you pay for posting pics of a car thats not done but still just an update since its been 4 mos since the last one.

rheckert

Different... Coming together.
For me I think the wheels stand out to much since they are white and the bottom of the car is black. I wonder what it would look like with black wheels. Photoshop people? Just my .02.

pwrneeds90

Are you going to leave the roof white? Carbon fiber would look nice lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

blacksheep

Quoting crankwalk:
Quoting blacksheep:

The white/black contrast is bold. Much more so than a white and gray but I wanted bold. My cars have to be the goofiest of the goofy. I'm not going to put together something that other people would think of most times and sometimes a lot of people don't even like my idea. But in my head this is the combination I wanted. As it comes together it looks better and better (as would any car) and everything is falling into place the way i'd like. This is the price you pay for posting pics of a car thats not done but still just an update since its been 4 mos since the last one.

Jay - don't mistake me. It still looks great, I am nitpicking is all...You just carry on, playa. Its great looking no matter what coz its not on jackstands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KT

Quoting crankwalk:
^ You can, the cladding was test fit yesterday. The black will be painted underneath the cladding on saturday and thats when the jdm rear will go on.

I knew your attention to detail didn't overlook that. I'm with BS, I think the roof would look good black. Like one big ol' racing stripe running down the middle.

Either way, next time I'm in town I want to ride the panda!

Weather just sucks today so I didnt get much done except for detailing the interior for all the dust associated with the paint job. Bumper and under the cladding will be done on monday I hope. Too cold to be in the garage right now.

evo8ya

I love the panda theme. TE37's are very pimp but those advans seem to match the time period of a GVR4 IMO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif very well done!

Update: Jdm rear is on and all the white under the cladding has been painted black and refit back on.

Current needs: Hoodpins, Foglights and corners to go back in and the battery charged.

DSCN0451.jpg

DSCN0455.jpg

Almost. I am going to mess with the trunk on the hinge later tonight as well. The fitment is ok. For a limited car I think we got lucky to have these produced anyway so I can't complain too much about the fitment. Honestly with these kind of parts anyway you should expect it to fit about like that, not quite oem fit but close enough. For the style and the weight, I'll trade a little bit there. It doesn't leak water surprisingly though. With the carbon trunk and jdm rear on the back that has to be at least 50 lbs or more knocked off. The bumper beam for rear was ridiculous and I dont know why I waited so long to match the jdm front with the back.

The Yellow top Odyssey that was 3 years old is just dead from sitting so long over the last year. Had it on a float charger all night and in the morning I finally got the check battery message. Maybe this weekend I'll have it all buttoned up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Polish

Q meter is reaching critical levels...

a2vr4

Hey Jay! I'm digging your paint and thinking of something similar for 582. Could you post some more pictures please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif
~Brian A. Moreno

p.s. not to run your world, but it would be cool to have your members ride page updated... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif *SACKRIDINGOVA*

Last edited:

^Haha thanks Brian. I have a ground issue with the car right now so no new pics for a minute. I put a new batter in and then nothing. No fuses popped but something is grounding out and I can get power to anything. I have been tracing it for weeks and I'm just going to tow it to 4gperformance to look it over. After that I'll get some full shots, hell even I havent seen the whole thig finished all the way around. LOL I did the last leg in the garage and then it hasn't moved.That member's rides needs some updating badly!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned