The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Makeover of 1439

G

Staff member
Looks hot, you going to stretch the tires & lower it more or?

Quoting Hertz:
How are you feeling about the fitment of the CF trunk and hood?

I am grateful somebody has taken the time to make a product like this for our cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That being said, it could be a hair better. The hood fits better than the trunk but it is about how I expected. It could use more tweaking and once the pins are on we will see. With the trunk I took the stock spring off because it was waaaay too strong for the carbon. It would bow the trunk in the middle and rocket open when used.

G, the car will go much lower and much more camber. The tires are about at 40% left and when it is time for new ones I might get a small stretch going on. Nothing extreme but these 17s fill out the wheel well much better than the te37s and the weight difference going from 16 to 17 wasn't that extreme.

turbowop

Looking at the pics, you're not going to be able to go much lower without running into the bumpstops in the front. That is pretty much the limiting factor with our cars. Even mine sits too low as it is, but the ricer in me loves the way it looks with such a low stance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hs.gif

Eh I have a little more room for droppage. Definitely needs more camber though. Hopefully I dont eat up my newly painted fenders trying out the right combination.

Update:

The car is 95% done.Passenger side corner light must have gotten left at the paint shop or fell out while driving it out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif, Foglights still need to go in, jdm rear bumper I havent put on yet (its black too) , finishing touches and I wasnt going to post up until it was done but at least its looking closer than before so here it is. But keep in mind when its completely done I'll get some better pictures of it. Maybe this weekend?

1439/2000 aka Panda Express

DSCN0436.jpg

DSCN0437.jpg

DSCN0438.jpg

DSCN0439.jpg

DSCN0443.jpg

You can still see a little white under the cladding which will be addressed and not noticeable this weekend. Also the white USDM rear bumper is being replaced with the black jdm bumper.
DSCN0444.jpg

Maybe not "hella flush" but for an awd galant it's "pretty flush"
DSCN0445.jpg

We are getting there.

Also I need to throw the hood pins on this weekend too. These hood are very light and I felt sketchy driving it 40 mph for only a few miles. I had the painter put on some probond I think is what its called the reinforce it by the bolt holes and the latch.

Oh and after 8 months an act 2600 pwns me for the first 10 minutes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

JSchleim18

It's gangster. I like it for the most part. Only things I'd ditch are the 92 tails and keyhole gas door.

You think the trunk is strong enough to hold the cutoff switch? I was planning on doing what Wop did with the push off bar but if the trunk can hold the cutoff switch I'll just do that.

JB

I believe its gangsta more than gangster, but thats just me.

Polish

Looking sexy.

I like the Panda Express look, can't wait to see it when it's completely done.

Quoting JSchleim18:
It's gangster. I like it for the most part. Only things I'd ditch are the 92 tails and keyhole gas door.

You think the trunk is strong enough to hold the cutoff switch? I was planning on doing what Wop did with the push off bar but if the trunk can hold the cutoff switch I'll just do that.

The trunk is plenty strong to support the cutoff switch. The car is a 91 and i put on the 92 lights with no emblem a long time ago but I felt with this new theme I wanted to say vr4 somewhere back there.

Somebody mentioned changing the tire size. I might and I might not. This is just one set of wheels I have for the car and I think it looks fine with those sizes on there. Goofy rare car with goofy rare wheels is more interesting than my te37s so for now I'll play with these.

Also did anybody notice I have flat black mirrors to match the trim? I just noticed that looking at these. I forgot I told the paint guy I wanted that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Corey, this weekend i'm going to try and have the car finished and get some real pictures of it. It has been a looong time coming for somebody like me that tries to finish stuff super fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Interesting, will look more uniform with the rear bumper swapped. The wheels are kind of cool, don't see anything else like them on the road thats for sure.

turbowop

I like the wheels better now that the car is almost finished. I still like the old Volks better, but these do work for me now. Looking forward to seeing it with the rear bumper on.

Needs m0ar front camber, IMO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

^ Have plenty of room for more camber and that will get addressed later but I agree. The wheels do look better with the black trim on the bottom I think.

curtis

Polish

Or for $2 ($12 less) you can get one without JDM in the ad title.

And they are REAL pandas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

click

381gvr4

Awesome Jay! I didn't even know you got another 4 nevermind the same car! Back to mag status /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!!! Can't wait to see what a few more months of you "throwing parts" will create /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

+1 on real panda stickers!!!

KT

Is it me or can I see white around the door cladding?

^ You can, the cladding was test fit yesterday. The black will be painted underneath the cladding on saturday and thats when the jdm rear will go on.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned