The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Makeover of 1439

a2vr4

Sorry to hear about your electrical gremlins, I am struggling with some myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I did an intercooler/pipes and switched to vpc/gcc from mas. On the first test run I am having injector firing issues and randomly my dashlights save the idiot lights went out as well as my rear running lights, but my brake lights still work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
~Brian A. Moreno

Electrical is still dead but its getting towed to the shop tonight. I did roll it out of the garage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I have it stored in at an apartment garage just to get a couple shots of the complete picture. First time I had seen it all put together as well. Still need to put the foglight endcovers on it (if I still have them all) and replace the other corner light.

DSCN0168.jpg

DSCN0175.jpg

DSCN0176.jpg

DSCN0166.jpg

Here's what it looked like when I got from CT with the stock body lowered on Forgeline RS's like 6 years ago. It has come a LONG way.

DSC01994.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

4orced4door

Dude, I just saw this. That looks awesome. I like your panda rear window trim too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

464/2K

looks damn nice! what trunk is that? if it were my car id put a stock lid on. this one doesnt even attempt to line up.

turbowop

Man, the key hole on that fuel door just stands out like crazy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Looks clean, though it's pretty wild. I wonder what it would look like with the roof painted black?

BTW, with nothing else to pick on people will start giving you sh*t for little things like the faded windshield and back window corner trim. Ask me how I know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

turbofonz

Jeez that's hot.

Quoting turbowop:
Man, the key hole on that fuel door just stands out like crazy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Looks clean, though it's pretty wild. I wonder what it would look like with the roof painted black?

BTW, with nothing else to pick on people will start giving you sh*t for little things like the faded windshield and back window corner trim. Ask me how I know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

LOL that windshield is cracked so i didnt do the trim yet on anything. I didnt do it on the back because i wanted to go with a rear wiper anyway but I went against it.

The trunk doesnt fit that great as it sits but I haven't meesed with it on the hinges yet. The stock springs are so tight on it it distorts it out but it'll get addressed one day.

Oh and I'm going to go polish the $H!t out of that keyhole on that gas door just for you Mark. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4Grim

Crankwalk...I am really digging the "panda" look on your GVR4 man. Looks clean as hell...definitely envious.

Awsome job!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

IMO....I'd doesn't look bad at all. I'm feelin the two-tone and those rims are sick.
Wop said it with that keyhole sh*t though..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Your gonna polish it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
You guys are crazy.

a2vr4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif The amount of respect I have for your style is not worth trying to explain. Top two favorite gvr4s period.
~Brian A. Moreno

G

Staff member
Looks hot!!!

TurboTrader

Quoting 464/2K:
looks damn nice! what trunk is that? if it were my car id put a stock lid on. this one doesnt even attempt to line up.

It looks like it's just mis-adjusted a bit. The top and bottom of the center piece doesn't line up, which means it needs to close a bit lower. Easy adjustment through the trunk latch, hinges and there should be an adjustable rubber support thing on either side to set the height IIRC.

Other than that, it looks awesome. If it were me, I would paint the carbon pieces to match, but I'm a bit of a purist for the stock look.

^ I haven't messed with the adjustment of the trunk much. I haven't driven it anywhere (except to the garage from paint) and so I haven't made that a priority. Even with those pieces painted it definitely still wouldn't be for the purist though.

^It is. Drove to Newington CT 5 years ago to get. Last I saw he hated what I did with it. LOL

Alright the electrical issue is worked out. I actually feel pretty dumb on this one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I had the battery ground in the trunk going to the same place I have always had it where the rear bumper bolts in. Well when everything has fresh paint on it that doesn't work as well. 4gperformance moved the ground and added another one and now it turns on and runs every time!

I added another 1g bov to the upper IC pipe and have them both recirculated back in (Don't kill me in the face twice). It seemed with the 50 trim and he SMIM full boost WOT shifts, if done fast enough, were not letting enough volume move out. Adding the second valve on there eliminated that issue.

Lastly, camber plates are maxed out. Woot. Pics to comes later.

Last edited by a moderator:

seems like everyone on this board has some knowledge where each and every
car came from at some point doesnt it?

Jay,
I'd love to see the pics of the double/recirculated 1g's. And were's your battery grounded now?

The battery is grounded where the spare tire center is. I have pictures but it may be a minute before I get them up. I'm super busy with a house remodel. I will say 2 stock bov's recirculated in sounds like a stock car. Half the pressure being released through each one and twice the volume being moved. I love it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned