The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Look at what I found!

cspetros

A mint condition, 1993 Mitsubishi Galant ES, complete with crystal style headlights. I pass this car almost everyday going to school. It's owned by an elderly couple. I'm going back tomorrow to get pics of the interior, and under the hood. Anyone else seen one like this?

Last edited:

cspetros

Quote:
whats so special bout it? awd?

Yeah, and has a twin scroll turbo. Not really. I doubt it's even DOHC. Enthusiasts get it. These are the models that came with the pretty headlights and grills everyone here is so crazy about. If it were mine, the grill would have to go, though. Never cared much for the '93 style.

Last edited:

maroonmetallic

AFAIK the `93 Galant in this body style never had a DOHC option.
The 'ES' was the 'LS' in 1992. The GS & GSR of `92 were combined into one model 'LS' for `93.

Also, that spoiler looks like a factory option but installed later as the car also has the brake light inside.
I have a `93 Galant brochure. Maybe I should scan it in for reference??

-Shawn

14u2nV

I know where two are in the junkyard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

cspetros

Quoting maroonmetallic:

Scan it in! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ian M

Looks like a nice parts car. It's getting hard to find straight rust free body panels around here anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

cspetros

Quote:
Looks like a nice parts car. It's getting hard to find straight rust free body panels around here anymore.

You funny person, you. This one's in such nice condition, they might even part out a VR4 to keep it going. Loosing my religion... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Hertz

Staff member
Quoting maroonmetallic:
The 'ES' was the 'LS' in 1992. The GS & GSR of `92 were combined into one model 'LS' for `93.

Also, that spoiler looks like a factory option but installed later as the car also has the brake light inside.

-Shawn

It looks like a VR-4 spoiler.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Looks like a good DD category car.

Woosky117

you know, this car is pretty much the same style as mine... minus the wing, and the engine goodies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

those smooth sided fenders, and tail lights are the exact kind that i need for my car!

fivestardsm

Quoting Hertz:
Quoting maroonmetallic:

-Shawn

It looks like a VR-4 spoiler.

That one dosent look quite like a VR4 spoiler, but I found an LS a few years back that was in a yard, which had the fiberglass/led spoiler on it. It was actually a factory option on the LS's from what the dealer told me. They also told me that you could have got it with the foglights in the bumper as an option.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned