The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My day at the Junkyard, look what I found #2! UPDATED

maxash0775

Lets just hope it is all there in 2 weeks time. I will need to take someone with me, thats alot more work than I encountered. The only good part is I dont have to be that careful since its a junker. I am on bull in a china shop. Fix 1 thing and break 2. Mr Fixit, what model is yours?

fuel

Quoting gramkrakr89:
This could easily be the most interesting novelty ever swapped into a usdm VR-4...

misterfixit - Is that a GSR, or is that swapped into a VR-4?

Does that trunk floor look AWD to you? :p

It's a UK model 1.8L E35A FWD sedan. Am assuming it came factory with the ECS.

gramkrakr89

Quoting fuel:
Does that trunk floor look AWD to you? :p ...

... o /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

...was so ecstatic about the ECS and rear wiper...

I didn't even notice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

good luck, maxash!

misterfixit

HA. no that one is a fwd. the ECS was swapped in out of 3other cars... (long story).

Yes, you do need to be careful as if you screw up any of the hoses or their connections you'll be stuck. Be careful not to kink the pipes, be careful not to overstress the latch arms on the push connectors. Go gentle and one tang at a time. Separate the air lines to the reservior from the reciever and the front manifold but leave them hooked to the reservior. Pull the front bumper + support and the wheel arch liner. Then drop the reservior out that way. You'll then be clear for the front loom, g sensor and height sensor and wishbone. You will also need the whole dash out to pull the engine loom, dash loom and separate the front and rear harness.

The reason you need to be careful with those connections and pipes is the system runs between 75 and 125PSI.

Pru (my green one) has had many incarnations. It was an edm gls carby way back when.

Rich

Last edited:

fuel

what does it have now? 4G63 DOHC? I tried looking for the build up thread but gave up with the search function haha.

maxash0775

If you have an ECS suspension system, it just became a little more rare. I was planning on picking up the suspension tomorrow because it was half off everything for valentines day, but as I was scouting out what I wanted they took that galant off the yard to be crushed. It was sad. I still have the display unit though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned