The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

got a new toy in the mail

There should be a quick setup guide in the user manual. Hold the Pg button for ten sec. to enter config mode.
Vehicle sel:0
# of cyl:4
Displ:2.0
Airfl source:0
Map source:0
Dens source:0
Baro mode:1
F-Out mode 1
V-Out1 mode 0 or 1 with a chip
V-Out2 mode 0
AFR source 0 if not using a WB for AFR tracking
F-In mode 0 no MAF connected
Aux1 mode 0
If you need more help with the setup I'll see if I can help ya. I've been using it for awhile now and it seems to work great, I even use the AFR tracking mode with the LC-1 WB.

14u2nV

yeah, My directions tell me those settings, though I'm not sure on what they do.

14u2nV

That's all I needed to know,, I couldn't figure out how to put it in speed density, but if it does it auto, I'm good.

Ya just set it up the way I have it typed out, and your pretty much set. Just follow the rest of the instructions and your good to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

turbowop

Quoting 14u2nV:
That's all I needed to know,, I couldn't figure out how to put it in speed density, but if it does it auto, I'm good.

If you have it setup correctly, when you turn the ignition key to the on position the screen should show the version number and say "speed density conversion" or something close to that.

strokin4dr

Here is the ecu pinout if you still need it.

14u2nV

Ok guys, my car won't idle correctly or rev high if it's all hooked up. If I disconnect the sensor with the vac line attached, it runs about 80% better (It will rev higher and idle at 1300rpm). I tried switching wires around, thinking I had one backwards, but no change. Is the sensor bad?

My logger is dead, new one is supposed to be here any day.

Last edited:

strokin4dr

I have no experiance with this, so I cant really help much. But I say just wait til the new logger gets there then try to see what's going wrong. No point in damaging the motor while playing around with it blindly.

Are you sure the idle-closed switch is working?
BTW, I would never think of running a fresh engine install with anything but a factory MAS, unless the system was previously tuned and tested OK. As someone suggested in your other link, you should find some way to install a factory MAS for now, until you work all the bugs out of your wiring. It almost sounds like the ECU isn't getting any Karman Hz input, but without a logger there is no way to verify that.

14u2nV

going back to stock isn't really an option now. Too many wires were cut/spliced for the Pro, and I don't have enough pieces left to redo the intake. I'll just wait for my logger to show, or see if I can get my old one working again.

14u2nV

Ok, so I got my logger working, what do I need to look for?
No knock, idle inj duty is like 2.?, baro said 1 bar IIRc.

On a side note, I just fired it up to test the logger, and it is running perfect, Green wire from the map sensor is unplugged, and I have an CEL. Nothing was changed from last night, and it's 100% better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned