The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

got a new toy in the mail

curtis

He means meth and and a maft pro. The pro with sensors wires cables wideband everything is about 600 all brand new.

Gimpin

oh I thought he ment maft pro and dsm link

with the auto tune would you be able to switch from 91 to e85 with out retuning?

curtis

That I'm not so sure of since the afr ratio is so far relocated with e85 / e100. Isn't perfect with e85 like 8:1 or so, I'm sure someone has done it butyou may have to manual change the varibles in the program for it.

You tune E85 AFR's just like you would on gas only differene is you are richer than the wideband displays.

curtis

But if your setting a computer to stay at a certain range like the pro its not going to compensate correctly. With the pro you program 11.5 and you get it no matter what boost pressure, meth injection ,juice etc.

turbowop

Curtis, even if you're tuning on e85, you want the wideband readout to show the same ratios that you would look for as if it were seeing a gasoline mixture. Stoich on gasoline is 14.7:1 and even though stoich on e85 is much richer, it still will read 14.7:1 on a wideband setup for gasoline.

Quote:
Curtis, even if you're tuning on e85, you want the wideband readout to show the same ratios that you would look for as if it were seeing a gasoline mixture. Stoich on gasoline is 14.7:1 and even though stoich on e85 is much richer, it still will read 14.7:1 on a wideband setup for gasoline.

Exactly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

14u2nV

ok, I need some help. all the fullthrottle tech pages are down. I need to know the wiring on the two sensors. There are three wires on one, and two on the other. I have the box wired in, but don't have anything telling me where those five wires connect.

turbowop

They connect to the stock MAS plug. I used the harness you can buy that allows you to plug and play. If you didn't purchase that you'll have to splice those sensors in and I'm not sure what wire goes to what.

14u2nV

great. Don't have the connector, don't have the factory plug, I had them all spliced in to work (harness was from a non-turbo). Ought to be fun to figure out now, especially since the site that sells them has all it's tech, and forums down.

strokin4dr

So are you looking for the male adapter with wires that woud plug into the 1g mas harness? If so, PM me.
-Ryan

turbowop

Quoting 14u2nV:
great. Don't have the connector, don't have the factory plug, I had them all spliced in to work (harness was from a non-turbo). Ought to be fun to figure out now, especially since the site that sells them has all it's tech, and forums down.

Yeah, my old setup with the 2g mas was hardwired in using a 2g mas plug, so I had to re-splice on my 1g plug to use the "plug 'n play" harness. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

How much would it be worth to you if I went out and traced down where the wires went? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

turbowop

Okay, here's what I got...

For the IAT sensor:

Brown connects to Green w/orange stripe (pin 8)
Black connects to Green w/black stripe (pin 6)

For the MAP sensor:

Black connects to Green w/black stripe (pin 6, same as IAT sensor)
Red connects to Green w/red stripe (pin 4)
Green connects to Green w/yellow stripe (pin 7...There are two green w/yellow stripe wires on the maf plug. You need to connect to the one I've circled in red in the pic below)

Also note that this is looking at the plug face, not the side the wires are coming out of...

14u2nV

now do you happen to know which pin on the ecu each of those goes to? The wire colors on my harness don't match the colors on the vr4 harness. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

turbowop

I don't. I've never traced them all the way back. Do you not have a vr4 engine harness? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

14u2nV

Gosh, can't you read? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif My whole engine harness is from a GS, since I parted out my vr4 once and sold the original harness. I worked it all over once to get all the wiring I needed. Guess I'll just try to find my paperwork from that.

Quoting 14u2nV:

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I guess I missed the part about your wire harness. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There has to be a diagram somewhere online that shows where at the ecu those wires end up and what they're for. The black wires from both sensors are grounds I think, so that leaves only three wires for you to figure out. Shouldn't be too hard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

14u2nV

yeah, you weren't there when I was trying to put a turbo mas on a non turbo harness. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

14u2nV

I think I got it all figured out. I used a meter and traced all the wires. I should be ready to fire it up tomorrow to check it all out.

*how do you change the mode? like to speed density? Does it do it automatically? I can't find any support for this thing online, and only have setup directions.

Last edited:

jepherz

Staff member
FYI, the ECU/computers don't know what AFR is, just what lambda is. That's why a lot of people say it's a better way to tune.

Ken, if you need help on the electronic side of it, let me know.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned