The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new ecu STILL NO START?

yeti

Quoting DR1665:

Next, double check your plug wires. Seriously. I spent a WEEK ohming out the harness between the coil, transducer, continuum transfunctioner, and ECU, swapping ECUs left and right, only to find I had two plug wires swapped. EPIC FAIL TIME
Good luck, turbohair.

Is there really a continuum transfunctioner?

Quote:
And I have spark on all cylinders and no my plugs don't smell like gas

That might mean that no fuel is making it into the combustion chamber, if you've been winding it over like you say you have. You generaly need three things for a motor to run, spark, fuel and compresion. If a motor isn't running it will be one of the three.

DR1665

Waitaminute. Justin brings up a good point. Fuel, compression, spark.

You have another thread talking about first engine rebuild where you get into headgaskets, oil pumps, and that sort of thing. Has this engine recently been apart? Have you messed with the timing belt?

Timing has to be f u c k i n g p e r f e c t or you crank all day and not make compression. If you've recently had the timing belt off, you need to make triple sure your plug wires are connected in the right order, and then verify your timing marks line up.

Aaaand there's a chance we're back to the fuel pump relay, considering the plugs come up dry. You sure you're not out of gas, turbohair? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AnotherNewb

Just out of curiosity, were the isc drivers in the last ecu blown? If so when you put the new one on did you make sure coolant wasn't leaking into he isc portion of the lower tb? Definitely double check your plug wires for the correct order. You can pull you cas off and spin it by hand to verify the injectors are fireing without the noise of the engine cranking. Also verify you havethe correct fuel pressure. Just because there is fuel in the rail doesn't mean there is enough pressure.

grocery_getter

Your new ecu is BAD. This is what you say a few post above "so my check engine light does not turn off while in the on position" The CEL turning on and off when you first put the key in the ON position signify the ecu starting the booting up process and finish the booting up process. Your new ecu started the booting up process BUT never finish the booting up process. It is BAD. If the caps are still the original caps they are most likely bad right now regardless of what they look like. Get the caps changed and hopefully the ecu can be tested to make sure it boots up properly.

yeti

I tested every cylinder for spark ,my afpr jumps to 43 par while cranking , I checked timimg yesterday all of.the tic marks line up.I have gas.

But since I can't connect on dsmlink I'm thinking this is an ecu problem. Should a take the ecu from my 1 g put on some 450cc injectors and see if she will fire up now there's.a.new isc and it won't blow the new drivers and I don't know if the drivers on the last ecu were.blown or not

Dark_Horse

1. Are you sure that your DSMlink chip is pointed the correct direction?
2. If you have a spare ECU, swap it in with the stock chip & some 450 injectors.
3. Can you try swapping your current ECU into your 1G to see if it has the same problems?

It's possible that your DSMlink chip went bad.

yeti

wow.

other than me gaining alot of knowledge about a car not starting im a RETARD

my eprom chip was clanking around in the inside of my ecu so i geuss i didnt install it hard enough
i plugged chip in with some force and bam perfect start..

i just wanted to thanks everyone on this site a million times for the support everyone gave me maybe next time il have a real problem>? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

once again sorry

dewman

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif We've all been there. I remember once my battery died after a meet,so couple buddies helped me back the car out so I could get a good running start to pop the clutch. Well, after a few attempts one of the guys thought he'd try. Gets in the seat and he immediately notices I hadnt had the key on... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Welll guess wat everybody???????? I have this vuys solution..... That car is done.. And he can part it out and start fresh.. He can buy my galant and boom problem fix
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

OMFGeofffff

Wow I was gonna suggest checking to see if the chip was properly seated. I WOULD OF BEEN YOUR SAVIOR.

JSchleim18

Don't feel too bad. I couldn't figure out why the hell my car wouldn't start after 2 years of working on it.

My turbo timer harness wasn't in all the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

DR1665

Stuff like this happens to everyone. We spent a couple hours trying to figure out why 195/2000 wouldn't fire back in the day, only to figure out it was because the ECU wasn't even in the car. It was sitting on a parts car in the garage. #facepalm

sh*t happens. Look at all the troubleshooting experience you just got, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barnes

Ha! Driggs one-ups Yeti in the fail department. Didn't see that one coming. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Glad the both of you guys eventually got the cars running. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DR1665

@Barnes - lulz. In my defense, at that point, I had never even driven a GVR4 before. T'was my first foray into the 4G63T, and it started with a siezed up parts car found in a New Mexico carport! Hair on yer chest!

Lightning1

I am glad that that ECU worked, it was just redone not too long ago, good thing it was that and not something that would have fried out the now computer!

Lightning1

***new computer

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned