The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

galant 14b record

any one know what the record is for a galant on a 14b i wanna break it with my full weight galant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Olson

GL 12.3 by sleepyvr4 do a search

it annoys me so bad when people say do a search... i did search i seen his videos i seen his setup but i was not sure if any one has beaten that time. which lead me to this post.....

Olson

^^^ old boy used N2o tho lol and only got a little bit more to beat Colin

atc250r

Staff member
Yeah, IMHO if you want to set the record on a TURBO then it needs to be set on the TURBO, not the turbo and nitrous. If you're going to spray it then the size of the turbo becomes much less relevant.

John

atc250r

Staff member
IMHO, a pass on pump gas is just that, pump gas and only pump gas. Meth is a wonderful thing but part of the challenge of making a good pass on pump is working with the available octane. Adding meth or NOS skews that completely.

John

Last edited:

Andy_S

Hmmm. Well my 56-trim just took a crap, so maybe I'll throw a ported 14b on and take a stab at this record.

atc250r

Staff member
Go for it. I believe that he was using a 7CM hotside like a big 16G would have.

John

gtluke

i had the 2nd fastest 14b galant on record for about 5 minutes, and then john took it from me. and THEN it turned out he cheated and had a 16G!
god knows how long i had that title and didn't brag about it! :p

Mark

Yea but what if you have a auto and are using nitrous to spool the big turbo off the line. It's kinda like a 2 step

atc250r

Staff member
I dunno. That's a pretty good point but it'd be hard to sell that story if there was a "no nitrous" record that you were going for. I'd bet that with a little turbo like that and an aftermarket converter you wouldn't need it to spool the turbo. You thinking of "downgrading" your car Mark? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John

CarRacer

Im going to set a record with my 14b. I'm shooting for the number of smiles and amount of fun in my car.

My hot setup will be a 14b, a drum of KY, and inviting the entire chat krew for a road trip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

cOmpressor

Then fast then slow again, in a circle I think?

RedTwo

There's a guy over here who ran a 12.1 on his 14B VR4 with avgas (100-110 octane), I think he may have run slicks though.

Quoting atc250r:
I dunno. That's a pretty good point but it'd be hard to sell that story if there was a "no nitrous" record that you were going for. I'd bet that with a little turbo like that and an aftermarket converter you wouldn't need it to spool the turbo. You thinking of "downgrading" your car Mark? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John

You can spool a 14b on a stock converter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Andy_S

So if I ran a 14b with e85, meth and a whole lot of timing but NO NITROUS, would you consider it a record (if I was to go 12.3 or better)?

CarRacer

E85 *is* pump gas. An interesting thought, especially when MN has the most pumps.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned