The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock Block Galant VR4 Record

Oobie

I have searched to see who has the record just out of general curiosity. So far I can't tell because the only person I see that is saying they have or had a stock block from what I have found was Nate. If anyone has any info that can shed some light on the subject it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Edit: 1/4 mile record on stock block.

Last edited:

theevozero

I personally have made 511whp on a stock long block, 20g and e85.

Oobie

Sorry I guess I should've been a little more clear. I meant 1/4 mile record. Let me edit my first post.

Jesus_Negros

stock block or sotck bottomend?

MellowVR4

These guys dsm ran high 9's click

EHmotorsports

Stock block would be block only. Stock bottom end would be complete rotating assembly.

LIV4PSI

Quoting EHmotorsports:
click

That link was pointless. It is way more incomplete than the list we have here, plus it doesn't say if anything about the engines. Gizmo isn't even listed

Turbro Negro was asking stock bottom end or stock long block. My guess is Nate Crisman's old car

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

LIV4psi I'm sorry I thought people would actually use their brain and research themselves. I'm sorry I couldn't spoon feed you. I linked that and was going to update that post with more info as I found it.

Last edited:

Oobie

Quoting MellowVR4:
These guys dsm ran high 9's click

Actually they hold the DSM record with a 9.2. And if you look on the left in the link that he gave us it does say engine internals. And I would think stock block/stock bottom end is the same thing. If it doesn't have the oem from factory pistons and rods it would not constitute it being a stock block for it has been machined. So with that being said no one has answered my question. I don't know what ever happened to being helpful now a days but it seems chivalry has gone out the window.

Oobie

Quoting EHmotorsports:
I'm sorry I thought people would actually use their brain and research themselves. I'm sorry I couldn't spoon feed you. I linked that and was going to update that post with more info as I found it.

I have searched every known dsm/evo forum and no one states a stock block other than Nate Crisman like I stated previously.

EHmotorsports

Sry for the misunderstanding it wasn't directed to you.

EHmotorsports

Quoting EHmotorsports:
Stock block would be block only. Stock bottom end would be complete rotating assembly.

Sry this is a fact not just an opinion.

LIV4PSI

EH, I was just joking around with you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

EHmotorsports

Well then I am sorry for misunderstanding you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Racah15

We are all used to saying stock block, because that's the case.. we (most)all have a "Stock" block. Regardless of internals, or whatever. When you get into other engines like an ej, or any honda engines, or aluminum block engines, even our engines, there, at times, have to be modifications to the block to allow more power. As with almost all aluminum block engines, with greater horsepower, you need a stronger/larger sleeve. This no longer becomes a stock block.

Most EJs handle 450 stock block. Anything more and the sleeves crack. No clue on hondas, but I don't mess with those. Our engines (At high HP)sometimes need to be filled. You guys have heard of filling the block? Filling a block no longer constitutes a stock block. There is also a company in australia that makes a billet 4g63 block. That's definitely not stock. haha. So in my eyes, a stock block is just that. A STOCK block. People have made over 800 hp, on stock blocks. I do not constitute a bored block not stock. If you take your engine to a dealership because of ring issues, and they do a service on it and end up rebuilding your engine 20 over, you still have a stock block. But if you fill your block or sleeve it, then you don't have a stock block.

My opinion. But that's all it is.

Last edited:

turbowop

To me, when it comes to the 4g63, stock block = stock bottom end or shortblock. Be it JDM import engine, or the engine that's been in your car since it rolled off the assembly line.

My engine is a stock bottom end with just a hair over 140k. The pistons/crank/rods have never been removed.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

Racah, EJ engines hardly ever have sleeve failure under 550whp. All that is needed for 450whp is pistons

Jesus_Negros

Quoting Racah15:
We are all used to saying stock block, because that's the case.. we (most)all have a "Stock" block. Regardless of internals, or whatever. When you get into other engines like an ej, or any honda engines, or aluminum block engines, even our engines, there, at times, have to be modifications to the block to allow more power. As with almost all aluminum block engines, with greater horsepower, you need a stronger/larger sleeve. This no longer becomes a stock block.

Most EJs handle 450 stock block. Anything more and the sleeves crack. No clue on hondas, but I don't mess with those. Our engines (At high HP)sometimes need to be filled. You guys have heard of filling the block? Filling a block no longer constitutes a stock block. There is also a company in australia that makes a billet 4g63 block. That's definitely not stock. haha. So in my eyes, a stock block is just that. A STOCK block. People have made over 800 hp, on stock blocks. I do not constitute a bored block not stock. If you take your engine to a dealership because of ring issues, and they do a service on it and end up rebuilding your engine 20 over, you still have a stock block. But if you fill your block or sleeve it, then you don't have a stock block.

My opinion. But that's all it is.

Exactly saying stock block shouldnt hint to rotating assembly. People modify the block alone for power. A block is a block now rotating assmebly is crank, rods, pistons. So is your question stock block or bottomend?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts