The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

galant 14b record

Polish

Why don't you all run the times first, who cares what fuel you run.

Silly Bench Racers.

i ran 12.2 last night on my g tec... i need to get to a track and dial this thing in 11.9 or bust

atc250r

Staff member
Quoting CarRacer:
E85 *is* pump gas. An interesting thought, especially when MN has the most pumps.

E85 isn't gasoline. Its E85, only 15% gasoline. I can go to the track and buy Sunoco 116 out of a pump, does that make it pump too? I'm not the 14B record police, I'm just stating my opinion that if you want to set a turbo based record then nitrous ruins the validity of your record to me. If you want to set a pump gas record then adding meth which is in essence increasing your octane also ruins the validity of your record. Maybe to others it doesn't but to me it does.

John

CarRacer

Good point on E85. I agree on using meth or nitrous. It ruins the "spirit" of the record. Using the local premium seems like the only fair way.

cOmpressor

116 is local to the track /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I think there should be an agreed octane cap to retain the "spirit" of the record.

Olson

Just state what you have in your tank or what kind of gas your running, then look at the other records and compare.
1 was ran on race gas @ 12.3
the other was a lower 12.3 with n2o
those are the two fastest records.
run pump ( 91 or 93 ) and beat them both :p

i am on pump with meth we will just call it race gas so there is no arguments its only a m3 nozzle tho.. how i am figuring it out i am breaking 11.9 for sure.. now if i port the turbo dose that disquaify me from a "14b" record ?

Polish

No, porting is fine.

Race gas is fine to if you ask me. It's still the same turbo, who cares what is in the tank.

Now on/off spray needs to be noted but as far as pump/e85/race - who cares.

I am #81 Galant up there now at full weight 3440lbs.

Looking to get high 12's on the 14b with pump this coming season.

I need to lighten the car up. Take out cruise, spare, jack, get a stubby antena, remove the AC, maybe remove ABS if I can get the non-abs lines and other valve.

Boostin21

^where are u getting a stubby antenna from?

I am thinking of the one people are using for evo's IIRC s2000 ones.

Also I found universal stubby ones. Hopefully removing the motor and crap for it will loose a decent amount.

I want to get 3000 with out me. That is a net weight drop of 240 ish. I would love to get the car to 3000 with me in it.

curtis

Stubby antennas are easy, bolt cutters then put the ball in the vice and a pair of vice grips and start spining it will come off. Then drill the hole out in the ball just a little and insert the short ariel in the ball sometimes you can heat with a torch and stick it on. I have had the balls split there brass by the way. You can use small brass bushings and after getting them on grind off round and then paint.

gvr4ever

Quoting CarRacer:
Good point on E85. I agree on using meth or nitrous. It ruins the "spirit" of the record. Using the local premium seems like the only fair way.

Some stations have street legal 100 unleaded fuel.

Anyone know what the fasted Galant on street legal fuel and a catalytic converter is?

Ian M

"Gas" implies gasoline. "Pump gas" in 99% of the automotive world implies 93 octane (or 91 in some states).

In reality though,who cares what fuel you are running as long as you run the number with the stock turbo and no other power adder? I would venture to say most (insert turbo size) "records" were not set on straight pump. I wasn't aware of a official 14b record to ruin the "spirt" of anyway.

A stout pass in a full weight 3400lb GVR4 on race gas and no nitrous,with all the creature comforts intact,is respectable every bit as much or more as a lightened GVR4 on pump gas IMHO. If you can set a record in a full weight car on pump and no meth,hell yeah it's worth bragging about. Like someone already mentioned,add enough variables and we're all record holders.

Just go run the number. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned