The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

AWHP record for the GVR4???

Jesus_Negros

Why do you want so much hp? 391 is pretty damn good these cars. It's like at the sweet spot in power in my opinion.

GSX_TC

Because 700 in my opinion is a nice healthy number for today's standards. I don't wanna lose to any corvette or GT500 or camaro.

prove_it

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Why do you want so much hp? 391 is pretty damn good these cars. It's like at the sweet spot in power in my opinion.

394 is way too much.

slugsgomoo

I logged 37lb/min at 15-17psi (couldn't tell exactly, was driving and forgot to log bewsts), on 92 octane, with duty cycle under 65% on 1000cc delphis... The big difference between the 3586 & my turbo is that mine is old school and laggier. both are 75lb/min turbos.

The fact that virtually no tune at all other than "this seems like it'll be safe until I get a chance to do some tuning" seems to be working, at worst it's far more airflow than 260whp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Next weekend when I get a chance to play with the car I'll see if I can go log some runs for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Jesus_Negros

Quoting GSX_TC:
Because 700 in my opinion is a nice healthy number for today's standards. I don't wanna lose to any corvette or GT500 or camaro.

And if you do?

Olson

We need to get uncle ben back in here

manikbastrd

img.php

slugsgomoo

Quoting Turbro_Negro:

391 on a single dyno and 260 the next time? Given the "tuning for creep" thing, I'd be surprised if the 391 was repeatable anywhere else.

LIV4PSI

I'll bring spares t-cases and axles if you are

Jesus_Negros

^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

diambo4life

Quoting slugsgomoo:
Should I keep my 1000cc injectors long enough to prove that 92 octane will make more power than e85 on teeny injectors? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsught.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
Do eet...

jnava

Staff member
Quoting Olson:
Quoting GSX_TC:
Quoting turbowop:
Quoting GSX_TC:
Quoting turbowop:
Quoting prove_it:
I thought GSX_TC had the current record?

Record for lowest WHP for given mods maybe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

It'll be way more than 391 once I get MOAR fuelz haha.

I think this was the number everybody is/was questioning...

Only on 10 psi that day, #wastgateproblems

Quoting raptorWagon:
So....like never?

More like, after I get back from the shootout. Lol

Your still at the shootout????

You guys are hilarious.

GSX_TC

Would love to run the car there but if I break I won't have enough money to fix it and get back home. Might do the Dyno and autocross if they let me though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned