The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fastest GVR4 info and records

misfitsnemesis

Hey was just wondering what the current record are for GVR4.

I know DSMtimes says the fastest 1/4th is 9.5 Was wanting to know if that is still the current record for the fastest 1/4th GVR4?
Also what is the currect 14B record time for a GVR4?
Also was wondering if anyone knows what the new stock bottom end record HP wise?

Any info would be great thanks.

Diego

First...... search.

You find this. Second page 2nd topic. click

Didn't have to search I knew where it was. You just didn't take the time to look. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

misfitsnemesis

Quote:
First...... search.

Didn't have to search I knew where it was. You just didn't take the time to look.

First ill start just like anyone else will. I did use the search function just it pulls up everything and them some on here.
So lets see here i ask for the times and such for this and you send me to a 1G talon build thread for the record with no info beyond his build thread. That answered nothing from my original post. I would learn to read before you try to make someone asking a legitimate info and could not find it. I always search befor i post. That way people like you can say use the search function. But thanks for trying to help. But any way back on subject any GVR4 record's only info. I have all the DSM 1g and 2g i need. Just was wanting the GVR4 only times.

PJGross

"eh, never mind"

DSMtimes is obviously not going to give all fast/quick cars, not everyone wants times posted, but it does give a good idea. That's about all you'll get is an idea. I don't think there really is a trophy for the fastest with blah blah blah that gets passed around for any of them, anyway. That's not how the GVR4 community is. I'm sure someone will give a cookie to the best timeslip posted, though.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PJ

Last edited:

misfitsnemesis

PJ thanks. yeah i know dsmtimes has the 1/4th time for GVR4. Just wanting to make sure it was up to date still and no one has ran faster then that.

Yeah it doesnt matter really what i search for or put in it. It pulls almost everything that ever been posted on this forum. Yeah dont really care if about the 14B record just figure i would ask. Stock bottom end and 1/4th miles GVR4 are what im really looking for.

But thanks for the help PJ.

RedTwo

I prefer www.dragtimes.com because it makes me the 6th fastest Galant in the world /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

misfitsnemesis

Quote:
I prefer www.dragtimes.com because it makes me the 6th fastest Galant in the world

Lol always a good reason. Yeah i know dsmtimes is what every one goes off of for DSM's so i guess that is what i will keep using.

brisvr4

Quoting RedTwo:
I prefer www.dragtimes.com because it makes me the 6th fastest Galant in the world /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Hehehe, not anymore! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
I just added mine... Makes me the fastest Galant in the world according to them once it shows up tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

Hertz

Staff member
Quoting Diego:
First...... search.

Didn't have to search I knew where it was. You just didn't take the time to look. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

This is not an appropriate response in this section.

PJGross

Out of curiosity I tried searching for info, couldn't find much conclusive. A lot of random postings and noise. I guess there isn't a really easy way to track these things. This one was pretty typical from a few years ago: 14b discussion

I'm not really into fastest on this and that, but I do know people take pride in the directions they go and can appreciate the efforts to squeeze every last bit out. There's a full weight, Impala SS guy w/ stock LT1 in the low 12s NA, and while its impressive and I'm sure technically "stock", a lot of effort went into stretching the definition by a lot.

Hell, I'd be happy if I could drive to the dragway, much less run the 1/4, in my GVR4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-PJ

TSimage

Nate has the 14b record at 12s flat. We'll be knocking that out shortly however lol...

misfitsnemesis

Thank you i knew other people would agree about the search bringing up everything. Yeah all the search through engines off the site kept ssaying 12 flat on 14B record. Thanks for all the info and keep them coming. Good luck TSI on breaking the record for 14B.

Yeah i think we have decided to go for the stock bottom end record first. My tuner hold's 3 in the nissan engines KA,SR,CA and soon to be more. The stock bottom end thing has been something i have been wanting to do for a while. So far i know it last i read was around the low 600 mark for stock bottom.

Then when that motor lets go we will go from there what goal is for the big built setup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian M

Maybe 5-6 years ago Curt Brown was tuning/driving a GVR4 that a member here (I wanna say the guys name was Dale Nardozzi..) owned. It went 10.20's- 10.30s with a FP Red,I kinda remember Curt posting here that it still had a stock bottom end.

I think that was the car that was later to sold to a guy named Dan who also collaborated with Curt Brown,that ended going in the 9's at 145ish with the engine setup it ended up with.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts