The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VR4 4wd Ksport SHOCK Suspension Coilover does any one have these?

kooter

I would like to hear some oppinoins of the ksport coil over suspension kits before I spend 1000 dollars to get one?

so please let me know what you think or have heard
thank you

i have them and i love them, people who are a little bit more into hardcore racing go with a little higher end coilovers but Ksports are fine for DD and occasional track cars. BUT you can find them for way less then $1000, i paid around $800 for mine brand new.

Also look into D2 coilovers, they're pretty much the same.

kooter

thank's
are they a direct fit or is there any modification's that are needed to be made?

I am looking for something that just bolts right on and will be good for everday use.
I have read that when it get's cold out they have some issues. I live near chicago and winter's get pretty cold. although I hope to not be driving this car too much in the cold.but who knows right.

also what model ksport do you have?

talontyme

pm emx5636 he has them on his car.He actually has one of the first sets that were for the galant,and I have rode in his car handled great.

RedTwo

I've got D2s; they give a less enjoyable ride compared to factory shocks and lowering springs. Bolt in but you have to get fancy with mounting your brake hoses as they have no provision for them. Probably can't beat them for price.

I should also mention that they are no longer legal to import here and are considered/deemed, by the people in charge, to be unsafe on anything but the softest dampening setting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Last edited:

k sports are nice i have the D2 coilovers that the other guys was mentioning mine are stiff for daily driving, most people don't like that but to me they are fine to drive daily.

KiNgMaRtY

I have them in a 89 Mazda MX-6 GT Turbo 4ws and blew 3 within 1000 miles. The first went after 200 or so miles. They left me with a bad taste.

Lukefraizer

I wouldn't.... I just have heard some bad things about them and might as well put your money into something that isn't going to break or have bad performance. Save up a bit more like 200 more dollars and look into Bilstein's or something like that. Not exactly sure what is out there with them though.

misfitsnemesis

I Have drove three cars with ksport great stuff for the price. Dont listen to someone that doesnt have first hand experince. My frinds 06 RSX type S is a blast with his ksports. He has had them on there for 2 years with no problem. Im getting some for my GVR4.

H05TYL

Compared to lowered springs with stock shocks k-sports/d2's are great, compared with decent quality coilovers they are absolute rubbish.

Try this simple test:
Set the dampers in the middle of their range of adjustment, drive for a few miles then back to your start point.
Get a friend to adjust all 4 dampers 1 click softer or harder, but not to tell you which, drive down the road and back again.
Get your friend to add another click in the same direction, drive your test route again.
Repeat until you can tell which way the dampers have been adjusted (softer or harder).

This test will either tell you something about your suspension, or something about your bottom.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts