The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The ultimate street galant in the making? Cheekychimp's

cheekychimp

Quoting chrisb33:

I have 510cc injectors also, deadtime i set it at 180, and global is around 12%. Idle's great.

chris b

Thanks Chris, I'll try that.

chrisb33

no problem. nice build btw. Ey you're based in HK right? i'll be going there on 2nd week of november. Id like to see your car in person /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chris b

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Congrats on driving her home. It's been a long road & while you're not done, you're closer to being done. Congrats again for sticking with it.

Gvr4-330

Congrats!

Damn.. I just came back from a trip to HK. I should have seen the Galant while I was there.

Rob

Spott

Good to hear it is driving good luck with her.

turboflanagan

Quoting cheekychimp:
John have you been talking to that Flanagan bloke? You guys kill me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

The first thing I'm going to do is weigh this sucker (sans options) and see how it compares to your 'barges'.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
No, we have not been talking, but great minds do think alike! I was thinking the same thing before I saw John's post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Congrats my friend! Now get it sorted out and start enjoying it again.

I took Keydiver's suggestion and just grounded out the knock sensor and now have no knock! After driving the Acura Legend around, even my 10lbs of knock-free boost gives me a woody! Woo-Hoo! I actually Really enjoy driving the Galant again.

cheekychimp

Well I put in an E952 code chip that Yiuwa lent me tonight and the car finally felt driveable. No more stalling everytime I take my foot off the throttle or stop at a junction/stoplight. Could NOT for the life of me get it to work with DSMLink. The global and deadtime settings just didn't work out for me.

I'm trying to figure out if there are other issues. It's a '90 car so has (presumably) a '90 ECU to engine harness. But I'm running a factory replacement JDM ECU manufactured in 1998. I'm not throwing any fuel pump relay issues. I'm still not sure if I need to swap Pins 9 and 16, and I don't know if the EGR Solenoid output was causing any quirky behaviour as a result of the Cyclone manifold I currently have installed.

The stock turbo from my old motor is also toast, so I need to get back down to Ken and swap that out. But generally it feels pretty good. I just wish so much I didn't have solid rear subframe mounts, or that I was less of a cissy so that the noise on deceleration didn't bother me so much!

Rausch

Quote:
I just wish so much I didn't have solid rear subframe mounts, or that I was less of a cissy so that the noise on deceleration didn't bother me so much!

Yep, you are a Wuss. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Step one. Figure out what is what with the wiring, Etc...It'd be nice to see you get it up and running with the link installed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On another note, I keep missing you online as of late... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Hopefully we catch up soon. Gots to order you up some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif so you can roll in style! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Congrats Paul! Its been a looooooonnnnnngggg trip but you're finally getting to enjoy the rewards of your hard work.

John

1badgvr4

Quoting cheekychimp:
After three years of hell, I'm thinking of call her "Christine".

Taken!!!!

Gordian79

Damn paul what the flock is up with all the flocking lol.looks good.

It's great to hear that your car is finally on the road in HK, Paul. Although if it were still in the garage, I would have liked to hear these guys call out "Galant VR-4!"

HK Parking Garage Tour

You do park in that garage, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers,
T.K.

cheekychimp

Oh I used to park there when it was exclusive, but now they've just let all the riff raff in! I mean a VW Beetle ... what were they thinking? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

curtis

Well finished a few more things for Paul for the last big shipment

B pillars and the extra wide top rails are now in suede, C's will be next week the areas around the windows are to deep and the material wants to bunch up.

Paul brought over a ashtray to cut the center out in for his plx air fuel ratio gauge, crap bakelite plastics cracks and explodes the first sign of chatter from the mill so after 4 or 5 attempts .....I made a billet ashtray insert. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

still needs a little more work but everything fits nicely.

Terry Posten

I am not sure what to do with a hacked up center console that arrived at my doorstep.

That can I do with this?

On the phone front, I just can't get my cousin to do anything with it. He is just swamped. Sorry about that.

Get with me on what you want/need for this center unit.

Again, sorry.

chrisb33

Ey curtis! those billet ashtray electronic holder will go well with your single/dual din gauge panel holder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll pm you when im ready for you to hook me up with a set /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheecky,

you're going to have one bad a$$ galant over there when you're done! good luck to you bro!

chris b

Rausch

Curtis: You have an ETA on when all that will ship...I need to get Paul a few things, and would be best served to have it all ship at once.....PAUL? What all do we want to order? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

curtis

Cool I'll ship everything to you and you can combine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Man going to be soon, I have the lumber for the crate as well as some super heavy duty honeycomb boxes, but have to make space in the shop for the crate and boxes to put everything in.

The c pillars and other stuff went to the upholstery shop this morning and he said he would try to get it done this week. I have to check my list on any other thing to build and get it done and ship all at once.......cause the wife wants the sunporch back.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts