The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The ultimate street galant in the making? Cheekychimp's

Rausch

Quote:
Cool I'll ship everything to you and you can combine.

.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Um, I was thinking I could send the stuff to you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I don't think I could find a safe enough home for ALL that stuff!!!!!

curtis

More toys
C pillars, Paul my buddy told me this is the last set he'll ever think about doing. There each 3 pieces of cloth and had to be fitted and formed, took him a few hours on each.

Center console , shift boot and e brake handle all in suede. Yes its a mirror image so it will work on the right hand drive e brake handle

Then there's this hunk of sh*t, two days in the building, I'll have to drag it outside with the mower after its filled. Its like 4.5 x 6 x 4 high. Yes there's about that much here folks, rear bumper will fit on the bottom by the large box then the front push bar and inter support will go on top. You know I can't figure out were all this stuff will fit on the car....I sent 3 pallets then there's the stuff from Alex and Aaron.

I use to have a shop end of my garage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thecman02

Wow that car is just going to be absolutely amazing. Good looking pieces covered.

G

Staff member
What's in teh crate? tazmanian devil?

bazeng

Wow Paul,

I just spent 1 hour reading this post.. cool build indeed!

Now some questions:

What brand lcd screen are you using? do you have a link. I want something to run my virtual dash on.
Rear diff - lsd, what mods did you need to do to get this to work? any work required on the axles / shafts?

The noise from your drivetrain. Are you still experiencing it?
I have solved about 80% of the noise on mine. I wonder if the alloy tail shaft has anything to do with it. Or the lsd's.

How is she doing now? Holset bolted up yet?

spooling92vr4

I heard the hk police were corrupt taking bribes and such.. this just proves it
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

seriously though. beautiful car

cheekychimp

Quoting bazeng:
Wow Paul,

I just spent 1 hour reading this post.. cool build indeed!

Now some questions:

What brand lcd screen are you using? do you have a link. I want something to run my virtual dash on.
Rear diff - lsd, what mods did you need to do to get this to work? any work required on the axles / shafts?

The noise from your drivetrain. Are you still experiencing it?
I have solved about 80% of the noise on mine. I wonder if the alloy tail shaft has anything to do with it. Or the lsd's.

How is she doing now? Holset bolted up yet?

Bazeng,

The company I am using for LCDs is this one click. I have a butchered centre console that I sent to Terry that I need to get him to forward to them. Basically they are going to find me the largest transflective touchscreen panel they can that will fit in the standard radio bezel aperture and then build me a custom aluminium bezel for the screen to fix it there. If you are interested I can let you know details after I get Terry to send them the console.

All you need for the rear LSD is JDM axle cups for the diff body. I would think you could get those over your neck of the woods no problem. Kaaz, Cusco and ATS all use the standard JDM clutch plate diff cups and they fit JDM axles.

Drivetrain noise is nothing more than vibration caused from the solid rear subframe mounts. Alex welded mine up when he did the rear end for me. He's a little more hardcore than me! I think I'm going to get those plates cut out and reinstall rubber or Delrin bushings, that should be the end of that noise!

Holset isn't in. I'm still having teething problems. I cannot figure out right now if I am going to need to swap pins in the ECU harness or get a 92 harness. The car won't run right with the DSMLink. It could be a JDM/USDM issue or it could be a '90 ECU harness issue as my car is a 90. It is really bugging me right now because if I can't figure out how to run the car on the Link I don't really have any way to swap in the injectors and 3G MAS. Both of those have to be setup before I can realistically slap the Holset on.

boostingwild

any exterior pics? i dont even know which page to click on for pics.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

chrisb33

Quoting cheekychimp:

Holset isn't in. I'm still having teething problems. I cannot figure out right now if I am going to need to swap pins in the ECU harness or get a 92 harness. The car won't run right with the DSMLink. It could be a JDM/USDM issue or it could be a '90 ECU harness issue as my car is a 90. It is really bugging me right now because if I can't figure out how to run the car on the Link I don't really have any way to swap in the injectors and 3G MAS. Both of those have to be setup before I can realistically slap the Holset on.

Cheeky, i had the same problem as you before. I actually have a jdm ECU and Engine, had to buy a USDM 2g ECU so i can use dsmlink. what exactly are you having problems with? you dont have to change the entire wiring harness. Im assuming that your using a USDM ECU too right? coz as far as i know, DSMLink wont run on JDM ECU's that is why i had to ask thomas to source out a USDM ECU for me so that i can use his product.

What i did was find some connectors that will clip right on the ECU. Found some on the N/A lancers (evo 1-3 body). Then just follow the Pinout diagram for your ECU which can be found on the DSMlink forums. They have a pinout diagram for 1g and for 2g. If you have a 2g ECU, dont forget to do the plug wire swap conversion. If youre running COP set up, you can do the swap at the ECU side.

Hope this helps.

chris b

streetmasters

any updates bro??

bazeng

Also, an update on the LCD progress would be great too!

Which size suits our cars?
I'm thinking of doing something similar.

curtis

Well update from my end
The trunk project needs another 2 days or so dedicated to it and the other welding project needs about twice that. Its been a long winter jumping around Taz's crate but now that spring is here the car is going outside after the trunk is done so I can get the welding things done and packaged up. After that there's a few small things I have to cut on the mill and a few pieces to paint up and restore and its time to ship.

curtis

Got the belly of the trunk at about 90 percent still have to build the tray for the batteries and the cover for that side as well as the tray for the meth tank on the other. Was making good progress today until the tornado sirens started 2 minutes before the rain hit.
This is just in Framework stage everything seen will be covered in suede except the stainless hardware and the swiss cheesed handle in the rear

chrisb33

curtis,

you're an artist! what a clean piece of work and look at the attention to detail!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

chris b

curtis

Har har you made a funny

made it further yesterday another few days and the trunk is finished, It has 9 factory located attachment points so its as rigid as it can get. during final install in HK Paul will have to put down 3m double sided tape in locations that would never be removed and it want make a rattle or vibration either.

By the way Paul thanks for the new ceramic pocket knife./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ..It showed today and in with your other stuff already.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts