The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The ultimate street galant in the making? Cheekychimp's

cheekychimp

Quoting Romanova:
Paul, is that with the FFWD motor?

Yes. FFWD motor is all in, but quite a few supporting mods will go on after the inspection.

Quoting cheekychimp:
She runs !!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Glad to hear it, Paul!

Doc_Seuss

wow that's a lot of flocking, you weren't messing around.

Looks good Paul. more pics!

Dave

cheekychimp

Supposed to go pick it up tomorrow. It's far from finished, but I can drive it now, which means I can start getting things moving along bit by bit.

curtis

I finally figured it out.....You call her it. My God man you haven't gave her a name yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

JB

Are you serious? You name your cars? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rausch

If I'm not mistaken, it was running when you put it down, therefore making you 'Christine' technically. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

cheekychimp

Did you just call me a girl? Any more of that son and I might go "Postal' myself!

Anyways, car is still at the shop until Tuesday. I'm swapping out the front springs on the Hotbits for a pair of slightly shorter ones so I can get the ride height down a bit more at the front. It isn't so much that I don't dig the rally look, actually I do, it's just that the distance between the swaybar and the lower end of the shock is a little tight and this will give us a little more clearance.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Might want to hold off on setting the ride height there, Paul...

Don't you still have, like, 804 options to add?

The power supply for the ray gun/immolizer may get her to hunker down some... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cheekychimp

John have you been talking to that Flanagan bloke? You guys kill me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

The first thing I'm going to do is weigh this sucker (sans options) and see how it compares to your 'barges'.

cheekychimp

Well, I drove it home!

John, you were right! I either need to find another rear subframe or machine out the welded chassis mounts. I can't deal with the noise and vibration on decceleration.

Runs like sh*t but I think putting the DSMLink in and fixing the settings will sort most of that. It currently has 510 injectors, a VR4 MAF and it's a 2.3 litre. Time to charge up the laptop, get Yiuwa over and see if we can get it idling properly. Anyone who knows deadtime and global settings for 510 injectors let me know. I'll look in the DSMLink tuning guide later tonight.

Clutch is pretty heavy but not too bad for a twin plate, I think I'll get used to it. Gear change is okay but not as good as I'd hoped, but again that might just need some adjustment.

Steering seems lethargic and a bit vague after the Type R. Who did the steering quickener mod? I might need to reconsider that.

Suspension seems good, not too bouncy, but the brakes are positively spongy. I wonder if I'm going to need a dual pump setup.

Engine is smooth, revs quickly and feels strong even with the pathetically small snail.

It's not as refined as I'd hoped, but I think 90% of those problems would be sorted by rear subframe bushings and a properly setup ECU. Anyway that's just first impressions from a couple of 15-20 minute drives.

chrisb33

Quoting cheekychimp:
Well, I drove it home!
Anyone who knows deadtime and global settings for 510 injectors let me know.

I have 510cc injectors also, deadtime i set it at 180, and global is around 12%. Idle's great.

chris b

JB

Congrats Paul. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Polish

Quoting cheekychimp:

It's not as refined as I'd hoped

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Needs more BMW to be refined...

Congrats on getting it running, now comes the fun part of making everything work together.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts