The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The ultimate street galant in the making? Cheekychimp's

yeah i forgot about that so im doing with the air/water intercooler manifold pumps now

curtis

Quote:
electronic boost control?

No his boost controller system is laying in my office floor along with lots of other late arrivals.

By the way I know what he's building....My paypal is [email protected] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

JB

i'm gonna guess differential or tranny coolers...

Rausch

Quote:
By the way I know what he's building....My paypal is [email protected]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gifDamn you!!! I want a percentage!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
Everyone will know when it's complete and functional...till then, it's anybody's guess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

14bCrazy

Lets see. I'll guess it's something for his toilet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

a_santos

Those looks like new high tech toilet bowl electronic float pumps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif It's the pee return pump, since all of Japan's housing is close to one another, all urine going in gets pumped through that pump, out the window into the neighbor's toilet, eliminating all future toilet problems.

But seriously, I bet they are coolant pumps for his air/water innercooler.

curtis

Paul lives in Hong Kong not Japan.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
I'm sorry..600 posts~!?

This has got to be some sort of record!

Nope. Don't even ask about the longest one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Kinda sore subject.

Quote:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif That pump's more powerful than I thought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif ( From the YouTube ricer guy video) I can get parts overnighted from Japan, I got a friend in Honk Kong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif. On a serious note, I did wonder why he could speak/type the English launguage better than some of the other member on the board.

curtis

Quote:
Quote:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif That pump's more powerful than I thought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif ( From the YouTube ricer guy video) I can get parts overnighted from Japan, I got a friend in Honk Kong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif. On a serious note, I did wonder why he could speak/type the English launguage better than some of the other member on the board.

His family started the english language....He's British. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

steve

Its time for the next edition of... "Do you know your fellow board members?" Come on down!

curtis

Man I've got more PM's to Paul than most board members have posts.

Message Box

Send a PM Total Unread
Received Private Messages 1100 0
Sent Private Messages 261

Rausch

can you say HOLY HOSE ENDS!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

cheekychimp

This is primarily for Aaron's benefit but I thought I'd post this here partly to keep you guys guessing, but also to show you something that some of you may be interested in rigging up, as it is incredibly clean.

This is my friends VR4 in Hong Kong. I noticed this interesting little water reservoir whilst I was talking to him about an induction solution that wouldn't mess with my intercooler pipe routing.

It sits here behind our driver side fender (your passenger side)

If you have ever wondered what the little hole is beside the battery tray that comes up from this position, it is not for letting air into the engine bay, it was the oem factory location for the filler spout for the reservoir

It's a snug fit but an ARC airbox from an EVO III fits nicely here

And that would work great with the bonnet vent

The reservoirs came standard on GTi Galants over here for the headlight washer nozzles. My friend is going to use it as an intercooler sprayer. I'm not struck on that idea but it would make a decent reservoir for a water or meth injection system and would be very convenient to fill.

Aaron. You know where I am going with this. Stainless or aluminium reservoir underneath as above and copy the design and route of the filler spout so that it is accessible from the engine bay. Keep it low profile so I can fit the ARC airbox and maybe combine it with a dipstick to check oil levels (not essential just an idea). It will need a drain underneath. We can speak more on this. We basically can copy Curtis' air box design but just leave space for the intercooler piping.

Curtis. I was tempted to 'modify' your airbox but I don't want to. I am just going to keep it in case I change my setup to an air to water or something in the future. I've run this over and over but whilst short route piping makes sense, I don't want to butcher a perfectly good and expensive intercooler piping kit and I never expected to be able to pick up one of these ARC induction boxes. It is angled perfectly to allow me to make use of the bonnet vent and with minimum concerns during heavy rain as the filter faces down.

Rausch

OOOHHHHH!!!! that should work nicely! we'll discuss.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

curtis

Paul is my engine in yet? I need a status report.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned